XXXIV

*Sorry for how long this chapter is chile*

August 17th
5:34 pm

Omniscient

"So how long you gon be out there for?" Sighing, Cassia grabbed her brush to run over the flat part of her low ponytail again

"So how long you gon be out there for?" Sighing, Cassia grabbed her brush to run over the flat part of her low ponytail again. A small yawn escaped past her lips because she was exhausted, having what seemed like the longest couple of days of her life.

She didn't know how, or why, but she somehow was basically forced to become some watch dog for Cepheus. She didn't stay in their house with him because she refused to do so, choosing to stay in a hotel suite that was close so that her commute daily wouldn't be too much, but being under the same roof from day to night just wasn't an option. But that didn't mean she didn't see him every single day because for some reason, what Leslie and everyone else deemed best was for her to be around for the beginning stages of yet another "journey" of him getting help, to see if anything changed in his progress.

"If I knew I would tell you." She rolled her eyes in annoyance, the mere thought of having to be there longer than what she planned made her sick. "He's so fucking manipulative Drell, he tells his little caretaker or whoever it is that without me in his presence he feels the need to harm himself. Goes on this entire sympathy tour with the entire hospital, the nigga even forced out tears to have them feeling bad for him. He wants to be an actor so fucking bad, I wish he would go to hell." She mumbled the last part, eyeing herself in the mirror to make sure her makeup looked fine.

"So what exactly is it you got to do? You just there as a support system or something?" Shrugging, Cassia took a step away from the phone to walk towards her suitcase.

"Well he's on suicide watch right now, in-home suicide watch that is. So when I'm not there which is from about 8 pm, to 10 am-ish-."

"Ain't you supposed to be there now?" Drell laughed, causing Cassia to suck her teeth and wave him off.

"He has a nurse there with him just to watch him while I'm not there. Then I come and she leaves, because they feel as though it's best for me to be there considering I'm what they're naming as the root to his issues." Cassia waved her hands in a sarcastic manner, before huffing out a breath.

She honestly didn't even understand the logic behind it, especially because it was obvious he was extremely dependent on her. So she felt the smartest thing would be to work with him in order to break that deep chain and tie that he held to her, but they claimed it had to happen gradually. A dramatic pull back like what she did prior not being healthy to his mental state, which she honestly didn't really care much about anymore. But she reminded herself that at the end of the day she still had his kids, and it was clear they wanted their relationships with him back, so she would help as long as they were the ones benefiting in the end.

"So why can't you just not do it if you don't want, they forcing you or sum?" Drell asked through a yawn.

"I mean damn near, cause next thing you know all we're going to see is 'billionaire and recently named worlds richest woman, Cassia Emerson, leaves estranged husband, Cepheus Emerson for dead after devastating suicide attempt.' But it's whatever, it is what it is." She waved off, tired of having to talk about it repeatedly. She just wanted to go do what she had to do, and leave out when she needed to.