XVIII

March 31st
11:32 am

Omniscient

"I really pray this is just an in and out thing

"I really pray this is just an in and out thing." Cassia sighed, clutching her coat together with her face scrunched up from her hair blowing all around due to the wind. Glancing over at her best friend, Mariah furrowed her eyebrows seeing how tense Cassia was. She first noticed it when they were back at the house, but it was becoming a lot more obvious the more they walked down the street after their silent car ride.

"What's wrong? You okay?" She held her hand out to stop Cassia before they could continue on, since if she wasn't feeling well or if she had weird feelings for some reason, Mariah would have much rathered they leave.

Sighing, Cassia raised her hands to cover her face in a stressed out manner, trying to refrain from having a panic attack. She wanted to just brush off all of the feelings that were coursing through her, but she couldn't do so. Especially not with Mariah there who was more attentive than anyone she knew, aside from Cepheus. But with him it was a given, since he was also the person who seen her the most vulnerable and in her raw states.

"I just have this weird feeling..." Cassia started out, looking around the side walk while slightly shielding her face to get away from the pictures being taken. "For one, Cepheus literally has the fucking house on lockdown-."

"Bitch so why are we even here right now?! Cassia why do you always do this, just listen to that man-."

"No wait listen, please." She sighed, looking around again before grabbing Mariah's wrist to rush them towards the entrance of the hospital building. Glancing back, Cassia made sure the security was behind her before her and Mariah advanced through the entry walkway of the hospital. But they didn't walk in the normal direction that was surrounded by patients and doctors because Cassia couldn't speak so freely like that about Cepheus' endeavors, the two of them walking through a back hallway that only Cassia had access to. "Okay so-."

"Have you and Cepheus fucked in this hallway?" Mariah furrowed her eyebrows, considering the hallway was so isolated and she'd never seen it before.

Looking at her as if she was dumb, Cassia frowned from the question "What?"

Slowly turning her head to look at her, Mariah stopped to place all her body weight on her right leg with her head slightly tilted. "Girl don't what me as if y'all ain't do it, knowing him and knowing you...y'all be so horny for what?" Mariah shook her head in a scolding manner, causing Cassia to suck her teeth and wave her off, but she didn't deny it.

"Whatever, can I explain to you what's happening now?" Quickly nodding her head because she'd forgotten that fast, Mariah waved her hand in a manner to tell her to continue as they walked. "Okay so he put the house on lockdown or whatever, but this meeting is so important Ry, like it literally solidifies the fact I can get started with the building process for the Cali hospital...like solidifying the payment that I'll be making. I'm not going behind Cepheus' back, I called him to ask if it was okay and he was hesitant, but he said if I have security or one of his bodyguards with me then I should be fine." She explained, while pressing the button on the elevator to go up.