XXII

April 17th
7:34 pm

Omniscient

"You got eyes on them niggas or no?" Cepheus heard through his ear, his phone balanced between his shoulder and the right side of his head as he carefully maneuvered down the hallway

"You got eyes on them niggas or no?" Cepheus heard through his ear, his phone balanced between his shoulder and the right side of his head as he carefully maneuvered down the hallway. Although he would have much rathered do this alone, considering he didn't like having help, he still had Cassia in the room alone. He made sure the doors were locked along with the windows, but a simple gunshot would be able to break through both of those which he couldn't afford happening.

"If I'm on the phone with you, clearly creeping through these fucking hallways and whispering, then what exactly makes you think I got eyes on these niggas? Especially when you watching me and can see ion got surveillance footage in my hand nigga." He whispered, his beretta grasped in his hand tightly as he walked down the hallway.

Shaking his head, he didn't understand why he had to be doing all of this considering he wasn't even sure who exactly was after him. Years of not even picking up drugs, let alone picking up a gun to have any type of enemy these days which only let him know whatever this was solely had to do with Crystal. He wasn't upset with her, but the fact that the main basis for this situation was her involving herself in so much bullshit frustrated him.

"Just so you know, the police on they way as lockdown protocol. But I'm assuming you should be good cause as long as you stay out of their line of vision then you good. Nobody can access these cameras." Ian explained, since Cepheus had them hack into the surveillance.

"Good, tell me where I need to go cause I'm hearing shit." He spoke nearly inaudibly, his body moving slowly inch by inch with his gun in his hold tightly. This wasn't the way he wanted to deal with whoever it was that shot Cassia, but he didn't have much time to do a lot, so this would have to do.

"Well you on the floor they on, but you gon have to turn this corner coming up. The connection is real weak so the call gon drop, but I think you good." Smiling at the mention of the call dropping, Cepheus quickly straightened his face out because he wasn't supposed to be happy about that. But he couldn't help it, it being so instilled in him to do everything alone that it felt weird for him to have to be guided and listen to instructions.

"Yeah we good, imma just end this shit now." He mumbled, not waiting for a response once he pulled the phone from his ear to end the call. Since he rathered do it manually to place his entire focus on what was around him, utilizing each one of his senses until he felt he was somewhat clear.

Rounding the corner Ian informed him about, his heart immediately stopped in his chest from the image in front of him. He felt his hands growing clammy, sweat glands bounding along his forehead while he just stared at the large screen in front of him. He wanted to turn away and go, didn't want to put himself through the suffering of watching...but he believed he deserved it. Deserved to see what his careless actions caused, deserved to listen to her crying and pleading before it was all silenced by the ringing of the gunshots that punctured her body that laid on the ground completely helpless. It replayed, played over and over again with his eyes never leaving off of each restart from the sickening clip.