IV

January 15th
Omniscient

"So Chyus, explain to me in depth what it is you seen during that entire ordeal, explain what you heard, explain what you felt

"So Chyus, explain to me in depth what it is you seen during that entire ordeal, explain what you heard, explain what you felt." Silence filled the room, silence aside from the constant tapping heard from Zahir's pen hitting against his untouched notepad that was given to him. Both Cassia and Cepheus watched him from across the room, the two of them knowing it probably would have been more effective for them to be out of the room, but their son was a minor. And the specific agency, deemed to be one of the best, required for them to be there simply due to the mental issues possessed.

Then there was also the factor of not allowing any opportunity for him to be exploited in a manner that would harm any of them. Since it would be easy for pictures to be taken and sold to the media for a lump sum of money, simply because it would make way for a story to be built. Cassia quickly had Cepheus make sure he spoke with his people to stop the story of the fight from making it anywhere. All footage was taken down, and all stories were taken down also.

"I seen someone who I wanted dead, heard the voices telling me to kill him, felt like he was dying which made me happy." He mumbled, Cassia furrowing her eyebrows while Cepheus sat with a blank look on his face. No expression was seen through his body, because he didn't have any expression towards this.

He expected it, he should have, he knew what was to come with a product of himself. But they tried their best with Zahir, did everything they felt they needed to possibly do in order to shield him from what was now the reality. They could only do but so much, since ultimately what happened is what happened and none of them really knew what was going through his head mentally except for him. But they tried.

"Voices, elaborate on those voices." The psychologist, Amber, coached him. "Who are they?"

Scratching his head, Zahir glanced up towards his parents briefly, before looking back at the lady sitting in front of him. He barely knew why he was there, the last he remembered was some white boy being in his face before he completely blacked out. He heard the stories, seen the pictures of the aftermath, watched the videos of what was going on, but that didn't make his lack of recollection any better.

"...the voices are my father." Zahir admitted, causing both Cassia and Cepheus to instantly sit up. "It's my father telling me to do bad stuff. I argue with him because I don't want to hurt my mom, but he tells me to do it anyways...so I do it. Why would I not listen to my dad if he's speaking to me?" Zahir spoke nearly inaudibly, causing Amber to turn her head in Cepheus' direction briefly, before looking back over at Zahir.

"Does he tell you to hurt your mother?" Slowly shaking his head no, Zahir adjusted his body in his seat to sit up a little better.

"He reminds me I can't ever hurt momma, not physically at least. But then there's another voice, and the other voice is momma." Zahir continued, clearing his throat a little bit. "Momma's voice tells me not to hurt anybody except pops, she tells me it's revenge but I don't know what it's revenge for...I mean I think I do, she's told me a lot of stuff in my head that I don't know is true or not." Shifting in her seat uncomfortably, Cassia's chest rose and fell unstably from the many thoughts that circulated through her head.