XXIII

April 22nd
1:32 pm

Omniscient

Standing in silence, a 16 year old Cepheus kept still

Standing in silence, a 16 year old Cepheus kept still. His hands grasped the edge of the metal table in front of him, while his eyes fixed forward onto the cement wall in front of him. He held no emotion in his face, no emotion in his body language or stance. His mind was blanked of any thoughts aside from one, the one that was promoting whatever his next actions were about to be. He wasn't dumb enough to fall victim to the speech of his head, knowing that it was always against him. But this time he allowed it, wanted to be sucked into that element that scared him most of the time...because he wanted to embrace it. Needed to in order to go through with what it was he planned on doing next.

"You're going to get in trouble." He heard behind him, the same voice that had been attempting to be his voice of reason for the past hour. Gripping the table tighter, Cepheus slowly turned his head in the direction of his best friend, like brother, Anthony. He could tell he was scared for whatever Cepheus' next steps would be, since there was no telling with him. His mouth said one thing, but Anthony didn't want to believe it until he could see it with his own eyes.

"If I get in trouble then you gon get in trouble too, you're not bout to just let me do this alone." Cepheus mumbled, and he was right. He wasn't forcing Anthony to do anything he knew his friend wouldn't want to do, but he knew regardless, Anthony wasn't going to leave him. Especially not when he already believed this was a bad idea, since he would rather go down with his best friend than to leave him in his lonesome when he could possibly get hurt.

"Momma ain't gon like this." Anthony sighed, watching Cepheus who finally grabbed the knife and gun that sat on the spread in front of him. Scoffing at the mention of his mother, he took a couple steps back with his eyes on Anthony who he stared at in disbelief.

For him to even mention Cepheus' mother when he was doing all of this for her was dumb in his opinion, considering his mom didn't care. She would once she learned what it was that he was about to go through with, but that wasn't stopping him. He craved for that feeling of satisfaction to run through his veins when all was said and done, the mention or even mere idea of fear was something he found as comedic. That being the last thing to course through his veins.

"She should be thanking me when all of this is said and done, come on." Cepheus nudged his head in the direction of the closed garage door which led towards the main area of the house. He didn't need to ask any questions, feeling the hesitance in Anthony's body language which was the last thing he wanted or needed. "If you don't want to be there then don't come, but I'm doing it either way." Cepheus shrugged, since his original plan was to be doing this alone anyways.

Releasing a deep sigh, Anthony ran his hand down his face in a frustrated manner. He didn't want Cepheus making such an impulsive decision without help...so he did what he thought would be best, which was to follow his best friend. Shoving his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants, Anthony trailed behind reluctantly with his head lowered towards the ground.