II

January 5th
Omniscient

January 5thOmniscient

"A family man...wow. Thee Cepheus Emerson with bout 50 kids, out the game, calmed down a little bit, and to top it all off you got you a wife. Ain't that something." Glancing up from the papers he was filling out for Kaicey's school, Cepheus eyed his friend Dominique, who he hadn't seen in what felt like ages. He wasn't really dwelling the fact he hadn't seen his friends from Virginia in years, but it was cool having them down and being able to reconnect a little bit.

"Nigga even dressing like a father now, belt on and pants tucked." His other friend, Allen, laughed. Waving them off, he sucked his bottom lip into his mouth to try and focus on what he was doing a little better.

"You know, I fuck with wifey though, she a real dope woman. I remember when y'all was first starting to fuck around, I think shorty was married or some shit and you was so happy round that time. I told Allen if you was ever gon wife anybody, it was gon be her. She been the realest you ever brought around from
Day 1, so I applaud you for that." Dominique spoke up, taking a sip from the drink in his hand with Allen nodding in agreement.

Smiling at the mention of Cassia, Cepheus leaned back a little bit to place the papers to the side. He loved to talk about her, and would do it all day if he could because she just made him happy. Her alongside his kids, but talking about all of them just gave him a headache from realization setting in that he had so many.

"Her and I been doing this thing for all these damn years, I don't know what the hell I would do without that girl man." He shook his head, running his hand down his face at the thought of her.

To say he changed her life would be an understatement, and he knew she probably wasn't even aware how much of a part she plays. Of course she knew some of it, but it was a lot greater than what the results now were. Between her, along with his kids, he knew he came a long way and was proud of it.

"I'm glad you met her though, I mean real shit cause that shit you was doing was getting dangerous. Niggas wanted your head bad, cause ain't that how you and her met?" Nodding his head, Cepheus shook his head reminiscing on that period of time.

"I was wildin cause that was around the time my momma health was deteriorating. She wasn't getting better, therapy wasn't working out, so shit was weighing on me bad. Going around taking my anger out on any and everybody bout her which led to niggas lighting my ass up. They was shooting to kill, they just ain't do it correctly." Cepheus shrugged, leaning back into his seat a little bit. "That's why I lost her the first time, thought my momma was dead or whatever the case may be. But we made our way back and that's my luh baby now." He smiled, just as the back door came pushing open.

"Dada!" Cameron yelled, running up towards Cepheus who had his hands extended out towards his second youngest followed by Josiah.