XXXII

Drell^^

August 12th
West Coast, Barbados

Omniscient

Standing outside of the house, Cassia crossed her arms over her torso because she was a little cold

Standing outside of the house, Cassia crossed her arms over her torso because she was a little cold. Being so accustomed to the hot temperatures in Barbados, it always threw her off when it was anything less than that. Groaning out from the door still not being opened, she raised her fist to knock again until it was quickly swung open just as she was about to, in order to reveal the man she'd been dying to see.

"Wassup, how you been?" Drell smiled, pulling Cassia in for a tight hug, who smiled from his embrace. She inhaled the scent of his cologne, nearly moaning from how good whatever scent he used smelled.

That was one thing she loved about him, he always kept himself up to par and it attracted her a lot. Not that Cepheus didn't do the same, but it was refreshing to surround herself with a man that wasn't him, yet still acted like he cared about himself. Something that she seemed to have lacked when dealing with men who weren't Cepheus in the past, but her standards were a lot higher now that she knew and understood her worth. That being figuratively and literally, because she for sure didn't have the time, patience, or energy in messing with the 12 digits to her name when it came to anybody.

"Thought you were never coming to the door, shit." She cursed under her breath, hearing him chuckle above her while briefly apologizing. "It's fine, but I've been great, I missed you." She smiled once the two of them pulled away, Drell stepping to the side to allow Cassia inside his 3 story home. She didn't hesitate to accept his gesture, fixing her jacket a little bit as her eyes scanned the beautiful home that she couldn't get enough of every single time she went over there.

It refreshed her to see him with his own, while doing something completely legally without any underground work behind it. It wasn't that she felt a way about the drug stuff anymore, because she was used to it and it would be stupid to praise him for that when she married someone whose life revolves around that type of stuff. But it more so refreshed her because she knew she didn't have to worry about Drell potentially using her to get to Cepheus. Especially because the two of them really were just friends for a very long time, with neither of them intending for it to go past that until it did.

"I missed you too, you ain't been answering a nigga calls and shit though. You good?" He raised an eyebrow, shutting the door behind Cassia to follow her towards the living room.

He watched the way her shoulders dropped as she released a harsh breath. She hesitated before shaking her head no, looking back over her shoulder to watch as Drell followed behind her until she plopped down on the bigger couch. Reaching down, she undid her shoes in order to get a little more comfortable, her hands smoothing out her black dress, before her eyes trailed back up to meet his brown ones. So soft and delicate, along with genuinely interested and ready for her to vent to him, being that he enjoyed being her shoulder to lean on.