XVII • Propero

XVII • Propero • Rush

I bundled myself in my robes tightly. It wasn't all that cold outside until the wind began, and then I was a shivering mess.

"Hey," I greeted as I joined the other teachers in the Quidditch stand.

"Hello, Miss Y/L/N," Professor Sprout said with a kind smile as I chose a seat in front of her. "How are you?"

"Cold," I said and smiled over my shoulder at her. "How are you?"

"I'm very well, thank you," she said.

"What teams are playing today?" I asked, scratching my head as I peered into the pitch, not seeing any of the players.

"Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw," she said with a smile at the mention of her house.

I nodded and waited for the game to begin, tucking my face into my shoulder whenever the wind began.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Lupin asked as he joined the teachers, gesturing to the spot beside me.

"Not at all, Professor." I looked away from him quickly. That was what it took to keep thoughts of him at bay. When I watched him, my imagination tended to run wild.

"It's rather cold out here," he said as he sat down, glancing around.

"The wind is making it pretty bad," I said.

"Hm," he hummed. I chewed on my lip when he scooted closer to me, his thigh and his arm pressing against mine. "Who do you think will win?"

"Um... Probably Hufflepuff," I said, knowing that Professor Sprout could hear me. The expression on my face, only visible to Lupin, betrayed my true bet.

"I have heard that Ravenclaw is quite good," he said. "I could see it going either way." He winked at me. Leaning close to my ear, he muttered, "Ravenclaw is going to destroy Hufflepuff."

I felt my cheeks heat up at his proximity and tried to discreetly slide away from him. The action was not lost on him, though, and he watched me with raised eyebrows, an amused smile on his face.

God, everyone here will know. Are they watching how close he's sitting to me? I thought. And if they could see my face, they would know for sure.

"Are you feeling alright?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm just cold," I said, looking at the pitch, hoping the game would start soon.

He nodded and turned his attention to the pitch, where the players were getting into position. I watched as the players rose into the sky and began the game, which soon proved to be much like Lupin's prediction. The Ravenclaw team was flying circles around the Hufflepuff team, and the Hufflepuffs were struggling to get a single point by the time the Ravenclaws hit the triple digits. However, much to my displeasure, the seekers weren't quick to catch the snitch.

I sat shivering, watching the game. It was fun to watch, especially hearing the students and the teachers get excited over goals and interesting plays. When Hufflepuff got its first point, Professor Sprout got so excited that she sprung up from her seat to cheer.

Once the Ravenclaw seeker finally caught the snitch, I clapped in a way I hoped seemed authentic, but I was quick to descend the steps to get back into the castle.

"Hey, hey," Professor Lupin called, "are you in a rush?"

"I'm freezing," I said and continued on my way. He caught up with me in a couple of long strides, falling into pace beside me.

"Come have tea with me," he said.

"Sure."

I sighed when we got into the castle, which always seemed to be the perfect temperature.