Chapter 55

I spent the whole summer not giving Drew an answer to what his asked because I still don't know what my answer is and I'm sure his still waiting for me to answer him. I'm still not sure how to answer him.

The other day he seemed like he wanted to get back to me on the subject but thank goodness his mom had walked in, in the middle of it.

I also spent the summer looking for a part time job for while I'm attending school. I couldn't afford to buy Drew an expensive gift like the ones he give me so I had to get a job to buy him something nice for him too.

At home while Violet is getting ready to move back to campus, I walked in the room. I walked in to get my bag because I'm heading to part time job at the cafe I work at. We still haven't exactly talked to each other after that fight we've had. She seemed like she won't ever be.

"Hey," she called me. I turned around to look at her. It's kinda strange hearing her calling me.

"I'll be leaving by the way," she says.

"I can tell."

With her luggages on the floor and her school bag is prepared I'm pretty sure that was easy to figured out.

"Anyway, I wanted to tell you that you and Drew are a really cute couple."

This is new, very new. I'm even shocked and I'm not sure what to tell her.

"You two really belong together," Violet says.

"Thanks," I tell her.

"Anyway I got to go, good luck in college." She gave me her hand to shake. She is being way too nice. I almost don't believe it.

"Thanks." I happily shake her hand. I watched her pick up all the bags she has to carry to her car. They all look pretty darn heavy.

"I can help you with that." I tell her. I hurried and grab her extra luggage and her book bag.

"Thanks," She smiled.

As we walked downstairs, I see our parents together in the kitchen seeing me helping Violet with her things. They all looked like they seeing ghost looking at us.

"You guys okay?" Violet ask them.

"Uh no, no, yes I mean we're fine, great." Bert says. 

"I'm gonna get going," Violet says.

They all said their goodbyes before I walked her to her car.

"Hey Jade where are you heading?" My mom says.

"To my part-time job," I tell her.

"Already?" She's asked.

"Yeah, it's only 4 hours, so don't worry I'll be home for dinner." I tell her.

"God I forgot!" Violet says while we're about to open the front door.

"What did you forget?" My mom asked her. She went and grab her bag and went in the fridge and start putting things in it. She turn around and open the pantry cabinets and spaghetti and bread in her bag.

"Whoah, whoah, whoah, what's happening?" My mom says.

She went in the lower cabinetry and grabbed a nonstick pan along.