Chapter 86

I remember how to get back in my dream. But let's hope it's the right way in real life. Because relying on my subconscious is all that I have.

  Finally after long hours of riding I see that thick, white snow. My subconscious was right, not just about the way here but about hiding out at Techno's. As I near his house I jump off of the horse. Then I run up to his door and grab the handle. It's unlocked, so I walk in.

  "Techno! I'm back, are you here?!" I exclaim.

  That's strange. This is real life right? I pinch my arm really hard to check. Ow, shit this is real. Then where the fuck is Techno? I quickly run over to Phil's house and start banging on his door.

  Suddenly it opens too my surprise. "Phil thank god, you're here." I sigh with relief.

  "Why wouldn't I be?" He asks.

  "Bad dreams. Uh where's Techno?" I question.

  "He went to the prison. Dream requested to see him." Phil explains.

  "Oh. Okay well do you know how long Techno intends to stay?" I ask.

  "Nope. But he surely won't be long." He states.

  "Yeah, yeah I don't even know why I'm worried. Oh and by the way I'll be staying here in my secret base." I say.

  "Wait why there?" Phil asks.

  "It's a lot to explain but short version. Quackity." I state.

  "Okay then be safe, glad to have you back." He says and waves me off.

  I nod and head back to my old house.

A day later.

  "Y/n? What are you doing here?!" Niki exclaims with a bright smile on her face.

  I run up to her and give her a hug. "It feels like I haven't seen you in forever." I state.

  "How are you?" She asks and I pull away from the hug.

"I've been better, but what about you? I see you've made yourself a home." I say as I look at all this she's built underground.

"Yeah! It's my underground city I'm still working on it but I'm proud of it." She says.

"Show me around?" I question and begin to smile.

"Of course!" She happily exclaims.

We begin walking around and she explains what she is going to do to expand. Suddenly a figure appears in front of us. I've seen it before, with Karl.

"XD?" I question.

"You. You're the one who killed him." It says in a booming voice that rings through my ears.

"Killed who? What are you talking about?" I ask.

"Do you not remember? When you handed him over to the Egg be murdered?" It states angrily.

"George? I didn't know he meant something to you? But of course I remember, how could I forget." I mutter.

"Well. I've come to collect." It says.

"Collect what?" I stutter as I step in front of Niki.

"A life of value to you. It's simple really, I kill her and we are even." It explains harshly.

I pull out my sword. "You aren't killing anyone."

It begins to laugh. "Yeah and you're going to stop me with that? Do you not understand that I'm immortal. You can't kill me."

I take a deep breath and turn to Niki. "Run." I whisper.

She nods and takes off running away from us. XD sighs. "You humans are so stupid." It states and disappears.

Then it reappears in front of Niki, cutting her off. I begin running after her but it's too late. XD has her by the neck and lifts her off the ground.

"XD no!" I shout at the top of my lungs as I just reach them when it drops her body.

"Pleasure doing business with you." It says and disappears from sight.

I slide onto my knees right beside Niki. I check her pulse, she isn't breathing. No no no no why, she didn't do anything. There's no way she's dead, she's not dead! I scream until my throat feels dry and strained. I sit there in disbelief with tears flooding my cheeks.

"Fuck you! Fuck this! Go to hell XD!" I shout over and over again knowing it won't change anything.

  Eventually I stop screaming and calm down. I sit there realizing she's gone, Niki is dead. There was nothing I could do. Why, why everyone I care about dies. It's not fair I want to be happy but there's so much grief.

Wiping my tears I stand up. Pull yourself together, Dream can just revive her right? Oh but you screwed up your relationship with him. Wait no he screwed it up, he didn't want to start over. Tubbo and Niki are dead and the one person who could revive them, won't. Maybe I should just accept the losses and move on.

I walk back to Technos and take a shortcut through the nether. Maybe Techno is back from the prison. I need my family and Wilbur is just nonexistent to me now. Once I enter the gate to Techno's area I go to see if Phil is here.

"Phil!" I shout as I bang on his door.

"What?!" He exclaims as the door opens suddenly.

"Is Techno back?" I ask.

"Uh no he isn't." He says.

When I hear that Techno isn't here I feel my heart sink. When I need him he's occupied with fucking Dream. Stupid Dream. I need Techno. I could feel tears wanting to flood my cheeks.

"Y/n what's wrong?" Phil asks and begins to pull me into a hug as I break down.

"P-Phil. I-It's everything, everyone I love dies. It's not fair." I cry out.

"What? Y/n talk to me, who died." He mutters and keeps me close, trying to comfort me.

It takes a second but I get the breath to speak about what had happened. "Niki, it's Niki she's dead. XD killed her because I killed George."

"Niki. XD? Who's XD?" He questions.

"It's not important. XD is good as dead to me." I state pulling out of his arms and wiping my tears.

  I see the hurt in his eyes, clearly he was close with Niki as well. He takes a deep breath and contains his grief to comfort me.

  "I want to kill." I mutter angrily.

  "Y/n that's your grief talking. You don't want to do that, to take a life is such a burden you will carry forever." He urges.

  "Should've told me before I murdered Schlatt and George. Because it's too late I have many burdens, so I want Quackity dead. I want to kill him. To let him die a slow and painful death." I exclaim as my grip tightens around my sword handle.

  "Y/n no, please take time before you make that decision. Wait until your mind is clear. If you still want to do it after you calm down then, fine do it. But don't make a huge decision with just emotion, it never ends well." He says.

  I sigh. "Okay I'll wait." I state and release my sword handle. "I wanna be alone."

  "Yeah of course." He says.

  I smile slightly and head over to my base. As if I'm going to wait. Quackity is dying as soon as possible. I don't care if I have to do it alone.

1223 words
*EDITED*