Chapter 42

Dream pov

  What did I just do? I've ruined what I had left of my friendship with George. He's gone. I run inside the castle to the bathroom and turn on the sink. Tears flow down my face and hit the floor. I toss my mask to the ground and look in the mirror.
  I can't stand what I've become. Out of rage my fist meets the mirror and the pieces shatter all over the bathroom. Minor cuts on my arms and face from the shards. My fist covered in blood. I want her back, I need her.

Y/n pov

  I can't even begin to process what I just saw. Karl brings me back to the present, I come back lying on the floor with Karl standing next to me.

  "Tha-That was real?" I ask fully knowing it had to have been.

  "Yes Y/n it was real." He says.

  I start feeling all the feelings that I shoved away into a dark corner in my mind. They come flooding back and they hit my heart like a punch. Dream hurt me he really did but after seeing that it seems, my death did enough damage to make him want to die.

  No no no I can't think like this. I'm done with Dream I've gotten over everything he's done. He doesn't matter to me anymore. He barley exists in my mind. Maybe I don't hate him as much as before but why bother wasting my energy on him.

Dream pov
Present time

  "Ranboo how are you." I exclaim as he walks into the living room.

  "I-I'm doing fine. Why did you want me to go see Techno?" He asks.

  "To see what he is up to. He has to be plotting something and I need to be one step ahead." I remark. "Is there anything you want to tell me?"

  "I uh...there was uh, nothing yeah that's right nothing." He stutters and rambles in ender.

  "Okay then, hm you can leave." I smile. "Be back here tomorrow though." He turns and nods as he exits.

  My smile drops the second the door closes. I know he was lying it was so obvious. Just don't know what about. But that's fine, I have my ways and I will figure out what Techno is hiding.

~~~

I lie in my bed as the sun comes beaming in. The light burns my eyes so I turn away. My head hurts like hell. Fuck I don't want to get up. But Ranboo is coming anytime and I should be up and ready for him.
So I groan and get out of bed. I put on a black tee and jeans with a black jacket. I get my smile mask and place it to where it covers my face.

Then I head downstairs and wait for him.

After an hour I hear knocking. "Come in!" I shout and the door creaks open.

"You wanted to see me?" Ranboo questions stepping inside.

"Come sit." I say and he sits on one of the chairs.

I stand up and walk behind him. "You see Ranboo I need to know what Techno's up to. And your not really helping. So why don't you take a rest." His eyelids close and he becomes unconscious.

"Now I just have to..." I whisper to myself as I put my hands over his head. It's like I'm inside his mind but at the same time I'm not. But I've figured out how to use him to get information I need. I call it Enderwalk. He won't remember anything that happens during this Enderwalk. But his conscience goes to The Inbetween where I'm from. He's stuck until I bring him out. But this way I can see the truth.

I've finally learnt some skills that XD has. After all XD's a god and I guess you can say I'm also a god.

I remove my hands and Ranboo stands up.

"Go to Techno's see what he is hiding and report back to me." I order and he walks out.

Y/n pov

"Yo Techno I'm having problems with my red stone can you help?" I ask as I walk into his house.

"I'll be there in a second I'm doing things." He shouts from upstairs.

"Okay I can wait." I shout back and sit on one of the only chairs he has.

Then suddenly Ranboo walks through the doors.

"Oh Ranboo! What are you doing here?" I ask.

He takes a second. "Oh I uh came...to uh ask Techno for some pickaxes, yeah pickaxes."

"You okay?" I question at his weird behavior.

"Yeah no I'm just fine." He says.

"Okay? Well the pickaxes are in this chest." I say as I point to the chest.

He sorta smiles and takes a couple out. "Uh thanks." He says and leaves.

That was weird he was acting like he had no idea what words were. Maybe he was just having an off day. I just forget about it he's my friend after all.

  "Techno!" I shout impatiently.

  "I'm coming shut up!" He yells as he comes down the latter. "Chill won't you?"

  "Heh whatever just come." I roll my eyes and head to my house.

Dream pov

"Good your back. Sit." I order.

He sits and I dig into his mind. He's walking to Technos yeah yeah whatever. I see Techno's house. Wait no it can't be she's dead. But that's Y/n, how is she alive? Surely they must've told Ranboo something. I back up in his memory about a day. He's inside Techno's house sitting with Y/n.

"Okay, you must swear you won't tell anyone that I'm alive." She says. "At least until I come back."

"I swear don't worry." Ranboo responds.

"So clearly I faked my death, but it had to be so real that Dream wouldn't notice. So I did die technically speaking. Thanks to Techno he had knowledge about death and coming back. I had watched L'manburg get destroyed and from then I've been chilling here." She explains.

"Oh wow that's something. I can't believe you'd go to such extreme lengths to fake your death. I mean to actually die." Ranboo exclaims in interest.

  I pull out of his memories. All this time she's been alive living with Techno. Clever girl.

  "I'm done with you leave, when you get home it will be as if nothing happened. Now go." I tell Ranboo and he exits the castle.

  I'll just wait for Y/n to come back like she told Ranboo. Then I will figure out what to do with her.

1109 words
*EDITED*