Chapter 15 ~ Equivalent exchange ~

"Am I late?" He was carrying Tails up in the air, a familiar red glow surrounded them.

"Infinite?" He nodded.

"That was close, you okay?" He asked the kit in his arms. Tails nodded.

Knuckles and Silver took care of the surrounding robots in the meantime.

"Who knew?" Sonic caught Tails who Infinite just tossed to him like Tails was just a doll, putting his brother down before crossing his arms.

"The pink hedgehog also contacted Gadget, and you know Gadget, he made me tag along." Infinite hovered down before he becomes a robot's next target.

"Where's Gadget?"

"He insisted on staying back and running so, I left him." He simply replied.

"How did she know you two were here?" Sonic asked.

"We bumped into her this morning."

"Guys! Will you help now?" Knuckles yelled.

"Coming."

"Hey, commander Knuckles, you work with Sonic, I work with Silver." Infinite had already taken Silver from the battlefield. Knuckles nodded.

"I'll go find Amy." Tails said.

"Be careful." They told him.

"I will." He smiled, then propelled off.

*****

"Heard what happened yesterday, are you sure you're okay with moving around?" Infinite asked Silver.

"Still a little sore, but I'm okay." Silver smiled at the Jackal.

"He seemed to care for you, I think my boss fancies you." He teased, dodging a couple of the robots' deadly beams coming his way, while the other used his Telekinesis to crush them up.

The Ivory Hedgehog's ears perked up from what the older male had said, and he covered his muzzle.

"You're actually the first Mobian, I saw he cared for." Infinite continued. "He has emotions too, he's not just any ruthless killer."

"D-do you think, I did the right decision?" He looked up at the Jackal.

The older pulled up his mask a bit and smiled at Silver.

"Follow what your heart says." Silver had a blank expression before he noticed, a robot powered up its beam in Infinite's direction.

"Wait! Look out!" He extended a hand towards Infinite and unknowingly made an energy shield blocking the beam, bouncing it back to its owner, destroying it and the surrounding robots.

"Woah! That's a first time!" Sonic ran to them. "You two okay?"

Infinite seemed a bit unfazed, and nodded at Sonic, before pulling down his mask.

"Yeah, stop asking if I'm okay, every five minutes." Silver giggled. The blue blur laughed.

"Just making sure buddy, we'll make Tails scan you later, 'kay?" The Ivory Hedgehog nodded.

Knuckles called Sonic back over.

"Gotta go back to him, no sign of Amy and Tails yet?" He asked.

"Let's hope they're not in any type of danger." Silver said before he blocked another beam with his newfound use of his power, this time from hitting Sonic.

"Thanks, Silv."

"I've never tried using my power this way." The Ivory Hedgehog says opening and closing his fist.

"We can learn every day." Infinite said. Sonic nodded.

"Gotta go before Knuckles throws something my way." He chuckled, then dashed back to Knuckles.

"It's nice to have a friend like him." Silver smiled. Infinite whipped his tail.

"Here they come again, Silver."

*****

"Did you like my surprise?" He asked and raised a brow at them.

Amy was being held back by Orbot, her hammer broke, leaving her defenseless.

Tails was unconscious and is being carried by Cubot.

"Stupid old man." Amy spat at him.

"Tsk." Eggman wiped it off. "Insult me all you want pinky, you cannot win this, they're just too many robots!" He chortled, his ugly laugh filling the air for a couple of seconds.

"Surely, you've heard I was back in town." Eggman, Amy, Orbot, and Cubot turned their heads to the owner of the voice.

"Targ-e-et a-ac-quired..." A robot's final words were heard before it was destroyed.

"Rookie!" Amy exclaimed. "You came!"

"Heyo!" Gadget waved using his free hand, his other was holding a familiar red sword. "Caught in a tight situation huh?"

"What is a dog doing here?"

"What?" Gadget's eyebrows seemed to have met in the middle, because of irritation. "I am a wolf! That's so rude!" He frowned at Eggman then looked at Amy and the unconscious Tails. "You hurt my friends, and then you insult me, I will not forgive you." He went into his fighting stance, pointing his sword at the man with a huge brown mustache.

Eggman seemed to get a bit frightened.

"W-we will continue this next time!" He shouted. "Release them Orbot, Cubot, let's go." He said before flying away in his little saucer ship.

"Bye-bye!" Gadget waved, using his armed hand, he turned to Eggman's robots. "Why are you still here? Leave." He glared at them.

Orbot quickly let go of Amy, then she ran to get Tails before Cubot drops the kit. The two robots without saying another word followed behind Eggman.

"Go take Tails to where the others are, I'll finish up here." Gadget says, facing the old ugly robots that looked like they were just patched together with metal scraps.

Amy nodded, carrying Tails close to her, she ran to where she saw Silver using his energy shield.

The crimson wolf fixed his glasses.

"Alright, let's finish this off."

*****

*huff* *huff*

He panted as he just finished the last one off.

"That was a nice performance." Gadget turned his head to the voice, he was up on a tree, his left leg dangling.

"Damn it, Mephiles, you were just sitting there? While I was fighting?" The wolf stood up straight and wiped the sweat on his forehead, and his glasses as they fogged.

"You're stronger than I expected." The said being jumped down the tree and walked to him.

"Right." He said then tapped on his earpiece. "Finn?" He heard low static before he hears somebody throwing up.

"Gadget, you okay? Is it clear over there?" Infinite's gentle voice came through.

"Yeah, and yeah, it's clear here." He replied. "I'm with Mephiles, who's throwing up?"

"Silver, he started throwing up midway through the fight, had to protect him." Mephiles' ears perked up.

"There goes the symptoms." He said, then walked to Gadget, and held his arm. "You're bleeding." The Ebony Hedgehog poked the wound on the Red Wolf's arm.

"And you say, you're okay." Infinite says through the earpiece.

"I-i am! I just didn't notice, it's probably the metal scrap that flew by me." Mephiles looked at Gadget, before healing his arm. "Thanks."

"He protects who I want, I heal who he cares for, it's equivalent exchange." The Ebony Hedgehog said.

"There you go with your terms that I don't understand." Gadget rolled his eyes.