Chapter 7 ~ Neither safe nor unsafe ~

"Blaze." Shadow calmly said while the fireball on the cat's hand got bigger.

"Blaze..." Silver held one of her arms. "I promise I'm not hurt." He says, but the cat just shook him off of her.

Shadow walked past Blaze, and grabbed Silver, pushing and making him sit on the sofa.

"And you... Why the fuck were you out in the middle of the night? Don't you know what you did was dangerous? Going out at night, next thing you know, your dead body's on the news. Do you want that to happen?" He scolded him. "And Mephiles, that asshole. Never thought he'd come back in this timeline again... Tsk. That ass of a brother always pokes his nose into everyone's business, the next thing I want is you all getting besieged by mobs of reporters and whatnot media people, because of some rumor that happens in the far future." Shadow glares down at him. "I want you all out of it, and out of his reach, understood?"

"I..." Silver nodded, not knowing what to say, his gaze glued to the floor.

"I never would've thought of you as a big brother or a father figure Shadow." Blaze covered her mouth to conceal a laugh.

Shadow scoffed and walked up the stairs.

"Blaze-" Silver started, but Blaze cut him off, by hugging him.

"You got me worried Silver." She whispered.

"I'm sorry." The male sniffed.

"Don't get emotional on me, now." Blaze giggled. "There, there you big crybaby." She stroked younger's back quills comforting him. (Silver's canonically 2 months younger than Blaze, so yes.)

"Blaze?"

"Yes?"

"Sonic said that I looked like a girl earlier this evening." He sighed. "Do you think he noticed?" He asked, pulling away from her.

"Your chest?" Blaze asked.

"W-well, my chest fur can't completely cover it, look at it you'll see a bump." He pouted.

Blaze laughed, and tickled the Ivory hedgehog, earning a lot of laughs from him.

"W-wait, B-blaze! HAHAHAHA!!! S-stop please!" He squirmed around as his pleasant laughter continued to fill the room.

"You know? I like the name Silvia better." She winked.

"Shush!" Silver waved her away.

 Blaze smiled and went to get a glass of water in the kitchen for the Ivory Hedgehog who got a dry throat after all that laughing.

She heard a thud in the living room, so she filled a cup with water quickly and came back to see an Ebony hedgehog looming over the Ivory one.

"Mephiles." She growled, creating a fireball, with her free hand. "Get out, you aren't welcome here."

He turned to his shadow form.

"You wouldn't want to burn down Shadow's house, would you?"

"Go."

"I'll see you soon, Silvia~" His voice faded, as he vanished.

Silver froze.

"Silver-"

"S-someone else k-knows it now." He clenched his fists.

Blaze set the cup of water on the coffee table in the center of the room, then hugged the about to burst into tears hedgehog, pulling him close to her chest.

"Shhhh." She would've never said 'it' out loud if she sensed that monster was near them.

He wrapped his arms around her, and he finally bursts into tears.

"I-i'm scared n-now..." He choked back his tears. "W-what i-i-if the others f-find out? W-what would t-they think?"

She pulls away from him and made him look up at her.

"Who cares about what they'll think? You are who you are, and you're special Silvy." She smiles, wiping his tears with her thumb.

"Thank you, Blaze." The two embraced each other closely.

He lowered his hand, making the Chaos Spear vanish. He sighed and quietly made his way up the stairs.

"Not gonna pry into their business."

Sleeping Beauty Syndrome (A 'Sonic the Hedgehog' AU)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara