Chapter 2 ~ Two weeks!? ~

"Hmm..." He moaned as he turned on the bed before opening his eyes, sunlight immediately meeting with him. He groaned and turned to his side away from the light.

He blinked a couple of times, then sat up, noticing this wasn't his room.

His stomach then grumbles as he caught a waft of cooked pancakes.

He stands up, following the smell through the hall, down to the living room, then into the kitchen.

There were two occupants, sensing someone come in, they looked up at the intruder.

Blaze almost dropped the bowl of pancake batter she was holding.

Shadow spat out his coffee, before putting the mug on the counter, stood up, and then grabbed Sonic by the wrist, and bolted out the front door.

"Shadow-"

"Oh for Chaos' sake!" Shadow yelled before pulling a Chaos Emerald out of his back quills.

"Shadow-"

"Chaos control!" Shadow cut him off for the second time.

"Hi, Shad- Sonic!?"

*****

"You mean, I was out for two weeks!?" Sonic shouted as he paces around the room.

Tails was on his computer.

Shadow was leaning beside the door.

"Yeah, and during those times Eggman had been attacking more than usual. We had Shadow helping us in place of you. It's up to you, to make it up to him." Tails replied, looking back at Sonic.

Sonic stopped and looked at Shadow, ended up staring at him for a couple of seconds before Shadow averted eye contact.

"S-sorry." Sonic looked away, then looked back at him. "You- You did?" Sonic asked. "Thank-"

"No need to thank me." Shadow says, holding a hand up. "It's just what I felt was the right thing to do, while the real hero is away."

Sonic smiled.

"Thank you Shadz, I owe you one." Sonic chuckled ignoring what Shadow said first.

The Black Hedgehog groaned.

"So, how are you feeling Sonic?" Tails went up to Sonic placing the back of his hand on the older's forehead. "No fever." He then narrowed his eyes at him.

"What?" Sonic's breathing hitched as Tails checked the pulse on his neck.

"Breathe normally, pulse rate is normal." He then dragged Sonic by the arm and made him sit down on the table. "We're gonna check your BP in a while."

"BP?" Sonic raised a brow at Tails.

"Blood Pressure, Sonic. It means Blood Pressure." He sighed. "Shadow?" Can you give me that box up there?" The young kit ordered, pointing up on a box on top of a cabinet.

The Black Hedgehog followed what he said, reaching for the box.

The box was filled with random equipment, he recognize some of it, naming them: A Stethoscope, a Thermometer, A BP Apparatus, Pregnancy Tests and A box of Condoms.

Shadow placed the box beside Sonic, who immediately fished out the box of Condoms before Tails snatched it back from him, put it inside the box, and took out the BP Apparatus. Sonic pouted.

"You don't have any use for that as you have no lover, don't even think about making it into a balloon." Tails said as he secured the cuff unto Sonic's arm, he inflated the cuff, and let it deflate by itself, then removed. "Normal." He smiled.

"How long is this gonna take?" Shadow asks.

"Just need to make a few more tests, but you can leave if you like." Tails looked up at Shadow.

"Call me, if you're done. I have a request for Faker." He says, before taking out a Chaos Emerald.

"Hey!" Sonic glared at Shadow, the latter gave him a small smile.

"Chaos Control!"

"Hey Shadow, you're back." Blaze greeted. "A new cup of coffee?"

"Pass, I'm going to bed." Shadow grabbed his pillow and blanket he used on the couch and walked up to his room.

Plopping himself down on the bed that he hasn't slept on for two weeks.

He turned to his side, Sonic's scent got stuck on his pillow. He sniffed his pillow and his sheets.

"It smells like him... He smells nice." Shadow thought, and after realizing what he said, a blush crept up his muzzle. "Shit..." He cursed himself. "I'm washing this tomorrow." He says before covering himself with his blanket and closing his eyes for a dreamless slumber.