Chapter 4 ~ Hang out ~

Sonic and Amy after eating breakfast she made.

The two went out on a 'date' as Amy would say.

And Amy proudly paraded the blue hedgehog around town to let the Mobians know he's back, alive and well.

He and Amy went on a spree, from running around the park, to taking rides at the amusement park, answering a couple of questions from the paparazzi and news reporters here and there, and also running away from other fans, not only Sonic's as Amy got a couple of girls and boys asking for a picture with her.

The day was long, and Sonic was already exhausted yet he enjoyed the company Amy gave him, though he usually prefers not to be around the pinkette.

"It's night?" Sonic looked up, as the night sky came into view, as he and Amy are walked out of the grocery.

"Time passes by quickly, doesn't it?" Amy said beside him. "Well come on, let's go." She started walking.

Sonic looked behind him as he feels someone's gaze on him, there was no one there.

"Sonic." Amy's voice was distant now, but it reached his ears and snapped him out of his trance.

"Coming." He says and saw a shadow pass by him, he pinned his ears.

"You okay?" Amy looked behind Sonic. She raised a brow at him.

The hedgehog nodded and walked ahead of her.

"Let's just go, I'm seeing hallucinations now." He chuckled nervously.

*****

"We're home!" Sonic yelled as he kicked the door, slamming it open. The door wasn't even closed properly, to begin with.

Amy gasped.

"Sonic! You didn't have to do that." She laughed.

"Hey, you two."

"Silver? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Blaze?" Sonic asked as he enters the house, then went straight to the kitchen.

"Shadow kicked me out of his house when me and Blaze were messing around, and I was the only one who was kicked out. But anyway I came here to check on you and Tails." Silver explained, then walked up to the blue hedgehog. "You look thinner than the last time I saw you." The silver hedgehog held Sonic's arms gripping it.

"I do?" He looked at Amy, pointing at himself.

The pinkette tilted her head at him and nodded.

"Come to think of it, yeah. You do look a bit different." She said then rubbed her chin, looking at Sonic from head to toe.

"I've just probably lost some weight from all my running, don't look into it." He nervously chuckled.

The other two hedgehogs looked at each other and nodded at him.

"Where's Knuckles?" Sonic looked at Silver freeing himself from his grip.

"You calling for me?" Knuckles walked into the room carrying a sleeping Tails. "Welcome home by the way."

"Oh did I tell you?" Silver says in a teasing tone. "He's been carrying Tails around the house, and he didn't even put him down once."

He received a slap on the back of the head.

"Ow! It's true though!" He glared up at the Echidna while rubbing the back of his head.

"You know you can just lay him down on his bed." Sonic raised a brow at his friend.

The Echidna looked away, mumbling words under his breath.

"That's cute and all, but gotta go." Amy put the bag of groceries on the counter and kissed Sonic on the cheek. "Bye boys!" She waved before running out the front door.

"You two are going out or?" Silver asked, and helped Sonic put the groceries out of the bags.

"That's just how she is to me, and I just let her as I enjoyed her company today, she missed me so much I guess." He chuckled and rubbed his back quills.

"I'm quite surprised since you never really want to be around her because, you know? Her obsession over you 'disorder'." Silver joked. "I remember how I met her, we went back in time with Mephiles, and to change the future I would have to get rid of you before the calamity strikes. I was on top of a building and I saw you, before I could go to you, she appeared out of nowhere and hugged me, thinking I was you, and I lost my focus on you." He laughed, rubbing his forehead, remembering the memory.

Knuckles just sat quietly on a chair facing Sonic and Silver.

Silver then sits beside him, after they finished putting the groceries in their place.

"Can I touch his tail, Knuckles?" Silver asked before reaching for one of Tails tails.

"Fluff it, he likes that." Sonic suggested, filling up a pot with water, then putting it on the stove.

"It's so soft." Silver smiled, as he did what Sonic said.

"Hmmm..." A soft sound came out from Tails, as he nuzzles closer to Knuckles.

"He's like a baby." The silver hedgehog commented. "Adorable."

"He is still a kit, no matter how mature he acts." Sonic plopped in a couple of sweet potatoes into the pot, before turning the stove on, after he takes out the margarine from the cabinet, placing it on the table.

"You look like a housewife." Silver chuckled.

Sonic laughs then replied. "Oh yeah? Says the one who looks like a girl."

And that was enough to make the silver-furred hedgehog shut up with a frown.

"I was complimenting you." Silver murmured looking away.

Sonic laughed, then apologized.

They saw Tails squirm, indicating he was waking up. He stretched, almost hitting Knuckles in the face with his arm.

"Sonic?" He says, Sonic being the first one he sees. "Shouldn't you be at Shadow's?" He rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Oh right! Silver, close the stove once the sweet potatoes have softened. Tails can tell you the rest." And with that, the blue blur was out of the house.

Tails yawned as Knuckles and Silver looked at him.

"Didn't say, he needs to leave now." He jumped out of Knuckles grasp and stretched once again. "Thanks for the tail fluffing Silver."

He nods at the younger.

"Mind if I stay over?" Silver chuckled since Shadow won't let him back inside his house anytime soon.