30

Jeongin was trying his best to breathe but the pain in his head, heart, and body were screaming for him to give in. He pushed through the doors of the castle, stumbling down the long halls, the pendant dangling from his tightened fist.

He opened the door to Seungmin's room and saw him, rolled off onto his side, drenched in sweat. "Seungmin, Minnie I'm here." He drew toward the bed, lacing the pendant around the boy's neck after rolling him onto his back, pressing it down to his chest. "Please.." Jeongin felt himself get weak in the knees as he watched the compass fade in and out of a marvelous glow.

Shuffling was heard behind him and a second pair of hands rested on top of Jeongin's. "Park Woojin! You shouldn't, you could die." Jeongin stuttered out, gazing at Woojin who was clearly in a great amount of pain.

"I told you I'd give my life for you, and I'm afraid without him you would give up on that life. So I'll give it to him as well." Another wave of thunder shook the room and Jeongin nearly faltered from his place. "I don't have much to give but I'll hand it all over."

Jeongin shut his eyes and focused all his energy into the task at hand.

Just as he was going to lose hope the storm came to a stop. Jeongin looked out of the window for a moment before glancing back down at Seungmin. "Come on, please come back to me." Jeongin gently pushed Woojin away with his side, the demon falling to the floor and leaning against the wall to regain at least some of his energy. "Wake up baby.."

Jeongin felt himself begin crying all over again. The sun shone in his face and a tear fell from his eye, right on top of his hand. In that moment the small glow exploded throughout the room, encasing them in a cyclone of green light, almost blinding.

Jeongin shot back into the wall across the room and yelled out in pain. A loud gasp was heard that led right into a fit of panting. As the light cleared away Jeongin met eyes with Seungmin, who was now sitting up and looking exactly like the situation, escaping the brink of death. Jeongin kept coughing as he got up from the ground and ran back over to the bed, catching Seungmin in a tight hug he had been longing for. "I told you, I told you I wouldn't let you go." They were reunited, but the feeling all over his body made him wanna spill his guts out.

"I never doubted you, I was just.. scared." Seungmin fell deeper into Jeongin's arms, feeling exhausted. Woojin looked up at the two with a bitter smile.

"I'm happy for you, but please get Hongjoong and send someone to get Woong, I had to leave him behind and I feel terrible about it." Jeongin nodded and walked out for a few moments before he returned with the realm's prized healer.

"Can you walk?" Jeongin asked Seungmin as he assisted him up. When he seemed to be ok Jeongin stepped off and grabbed a pair of shoes from the large closet as well as a black jacket. "Here, put these on."

"Is there a reason we are in a rush? Are the others doing ok?" Jeongin simply responded that he would answer questions later but they needed to get a move on immediately. Seungmin blindly did what he was told, getting used to being in his physical body again.

"I'm glad I won't have to go all the way back to the infirmary for you. I have a place really far away from the school. Only problem is without powers it will be a few days worth of travel unless we get transportation of some sort. I haven't thought that far ahead yet." Jeongin stated as he walked out of the bathroom after cleaning all the blood off of his hands. He walked over to Seungmin and threw the hood of the jacket over his head and stared into the boy's drained eyes. "Don't leave my side for even a second. Don't even think about it." Jeongin released the hood of the jacket and held Seungmin's hand instead.

In seconds, they were back at the dorm. Jeongin stumbled over and Seungmin pulled him into his side. "Jeongin, are you sure you're going to be ok?" The younger simply nodded and looked at Minho, who was sitting on the couch with his leg bouncing up and down, chewing on what was left of his fingernails. His head popped up to look at the two boys.