25

Seungmin's eyes slowly opened up. He laid there with ragged breaths and blurry vision. He could hear the sound of fire crackling and others breathing around him.

There was a weight on his stomach and leg where he had been injured. Eventually, his sight came back to him. It was night, the boys sat in a cave around a small fire. He noticed it was a lot colder than it had been when they arrived.

He looked down and saw Jeongin asleep on his stomach, hand over his injury. Seungmin sighed and laid back down, relaxing his body into the ground. He laid there for what seemed like hours when Jeongin began moving.

"Seungmin, do you feel okay?" Seungmin looked into Jeongin's drowsy eyes and nodded. "They have altered the temperature in the arena to be winter, so we took shelter here. By the time it's over there will be significantly less people to get by."

"How many badges do we need now?"

"Just two, then we can find the way out of here." Jeongin sat up completely to stretch his back. "Hungry?"

Seungmin nodded and pushed himself up against the wall, flinching at the pain in his leg.

"There wasn't much we could do, it's pretty bad. Felix managed to catch some rabbits running around so we had food. If that doesn't sound good I also have some fruit." He pointed to a makeshift bowl filled with berries and apples.

"Rabbit is fine." Seungmin looked at the opening of the cave, snow poured down so much he couldn't see anything but white. "How long till it stops?"

Jeongin sat next to him and sighed. "I couldn't tell you.. Felix has been in a deep sleep, I think it's his new instincts trying to preserve energy. Jisung has been keeping him warm. The others have been asleep for three hours now. Here," Jeongin held up some food and Seungmin gladly took a bite. All the fighting and running took a hard hit to his appetite. "I'm sorry. I should have done a better job at keeping you safe."

"It's okay, how is your side?" Jeongin slightly slowed his movements and pondered for a split second.

"It's alright." Seungmin looked at him again before finishing his meal. It was so quiet the silence could fall upon deaf ears. Both boys were in thoughts of their own.

"Sorry you had to get dragged into all of this. I'd trade all I have to be able to live a normal life." Jeongin mustered up the courage to say.

"It's far from your fault, darling." The nickname slipped out before he could realize he was going to say it. "I-i didn't me-"

"No worries, however, I think that suits you better, darling." Jeongin said back, facing away from Seungmin with an unreadable expression.

Seungmin could have fainted then and there. He didn't need a fire anymore from the warmth he felt all through his body. He swore not even the sun could beat this feeling. Though, Jeongin being his sun would be a fair argument in his mind.

"Gone all quiet on me darling?" Jeongin finally turned to face the other, smirking at his bright red face.

"You're awfully bold today." Seungmin looked out at the entrance of the cave again. He pondered on about random things before feeling something warm against his jaw. His eyes cut over and saw Jeongin.

The boy looked enticed, almost venomous yet not in a bad way. He was touching Seungmin slowly. His eyes turning a darker color gradually.

"Jeongin.. your eyes.." Seungmin stared into them as Jeongin looked back.

"As a five, I've never had much freedom. I know they fear me, why don't you? I share a conscience with literal demons, does that not put you off, even a little?" Jeongin asked, his hand dropping to caress a beauty spot on Seungmin's neck.

Seungmin's breath nearly hitched. He took a deep breath quickly. "I don't see why I would, or should, be scared of you. Sure, you're different but that doesn't mean you aren't," He grabbed the hand from his neck and placed it on his cheek instead, "-you, Jeongin."

Jeongin simply looked at the other for a moment. "Can.. can I kiss you?"

Seungmin let out a bit of air from his mouth from surprise. Nevertheless he nodded.

Jeongin wasted no time and pulled Seungmin in, connecting their lips.

Seconds later the two pulled apart with heavy breathing and pounding hearts. "I think I like you."

"I-" Jeongin was interrupted by a blood curdling screech from outside. He stood quickly and faced the entrance.

A few of the others woke up as well, standing at his side. The snow lightened up a bit and Jeongin peered into the sky. A student, with wings the size of two of himself. They were falling from the sky. A second person jumped from above and slammed them into the ground.

Jeongin left from cover and began trying to take them out. Sending an orb flying towards their head.

They turned around and ducked. It was a male, not one Jeongin recognized. Jeongin threw a few more moving in a circle.

"Do you need help?" One of the boys yelled, Jeongin not caring to pinpoint who exactly. He simply ignored it.

He jumped forward and trapped the male's feet to the ground. He launched at him, grabbing him by the throat and flipping forward.

"Oh fuck off! I'm not going to lose!" He yelled, clearly frustrated at his current position and situation. Jeongin scoffed and knocked him out, ending him quickly. He snatched the badge from his shirt and went to the other dead boy. His head completely crushed from the back, blood and pieces of his head splattered everywhere. Jeongin's stomach felt like it would fall out through his mouth. He felt vomit rise up the back of his throat.

"Last two." Jeongin snatched the badge and ran back in the cave. "Wake everyone up, I got Seungmin."

Seungmin stood up as Jeongin ran up to him. "Good job Jeongin."

The said boy embraced him in a hug, quickly pulling away and grabbing Seungmin's cheeks. "I'm going to get you all out of here, darling." He kissed Seungmin again and bent down to help him onto his back.

Jeongin, carrying Seungmin, and the guys left following Jeongin's lead. Maybe it was finally over. It had only been two days, but it felt like an eternity.