Chapter 14

Harley's POV:

I was very warm. Ugh, I tried rolling over but I was cocooned within the warmth. I rubbed my eyes, blinking. I was in Theo's bed, wrapped in about a dozen blankets. I unwrapped myself and noticed I had light gray sweatpants on, along with Theo's shirt. I stood up and looked in Theo's mirror, and I looked pretty normal. I used the scrunchie that was still around my wrist to pull my hair into a messy bun.

I heard talking downstairs, so I followed the noise and went down stairs and into the living room, where everyone was. Theo was on the couch, playing Call of Duty, with Sawyer and Brad on each side of him. Will was on the big armchair again, looking right back at me. The others were around the pool table, talking and sipping cans of beers.

Will gestured to me with open arms, "Rise and Shine, sleepyhead." Theo didn't even turn his attention from the TV, He just said, "Hey, Harley. Have a nice nap.?" I didn't even bother to answer him. I turned around and headed to the kitchen, where I had left my phone. I texted Quinn

H: Hey, you busy? Want to hang?

Q: Nah, just watching tv with Parker. Thought you were with Theo?

H: I am. But the gang is here.

Q: ohhhhh, ur uncomfortable

H: yeah

Q: Carnival?

H: Is that today?

Q: Yeah, it's the last day of it

H: I totally forgot

Q: Forgot about our tradition to go every year. Nice angelface

H: hey. mean ;{

Q: jk. Wanna go

H: sure. I'm down

Q: Ugh. Parker said he is coming

H: oh.

Q: Bring Theo?

H: no. he's too busy

Q: oh ok.

H: I'll meet you guys there, okay?

Q: sure sure.

H: In an hour?

Q: perfect

H: gonna get ready. See you

Q: see ya angelface

I took my phone and went upstairs, when Will appeared behind me on the staircase. "Where do you think you're going?" I kept walking upstairs and into the spare room that Theo had shown me last night. I opened the closet and looked at the clothes Theo had for me. "Out." I simply answered. Will chuckled, "Yeah, okay. Be more specific." Will leaked dominance into his voice, making it impossible not to tell him.

"The carnival. With Parker and Quinn." " And you think you are going with them by yourself?" "Uh yeah?" I said, grabbing different items of clothing to change into. Clothes that I never would normally wear. I was feeling a little rebellious. Maybe I didn't need to be Theo's little girl, I could be me, without being scared. Since it seemed he didn't really care enough to even notice me now. "Hey, Harley, look at me." I turned and looked up at him. He studied my face for a second.

"Okay, fine. But I am coming with you." He said. I sighed. "Okay." He looked down at the clothes I had mindlessly picked out. 'Why don't you pick out clothes you actually like?" I nodded. "Do you want help changing?" I thought for a second. If he did, I might slip and then I don't know what would happen. I shook my head, "no, thank you." "Okay, come back to the living room when you are done."