Prologue

My name is Kimberly Moore,
and I am a nobody.

14th June 1986

I put my head on the ledge, surveying the enormous group of people preparing to move into the vacant house next door.

I stood there watching as a blonde-haired boy carried a large box into his home, followed by a Tribe of smaller children.

My mother yelled out, "Kim!" just as I was going to glance at his face.

I jolted, "Yeah?" I answer.

"I'm going to get something to eat, and I'll be back shortly."

"All right," I said quickly, my gaze returning to the newcomers.

My mother was fine with leaving me alone or chatting to strangers; our neighbourhood is a nice area, which is why I'm stalking strangers because nothing remarkable ever occurs here.

I watched as my mother moved away from the house, towards the newcomers.

No way, no why?

She was talking to a short dark-haired woman when she turned and pointed towards our house, and I hastily drew myself down, hoping not to be seen watching.

I cautiously raised my head, observing that no one was watching until I looked to my right and saw the blonde boy giggling from across the room.

That's one way to introduce myself, I think.

"Hey, I'm the local stalker." I thought

Embarrassed, I returned the smile hesitantly.

Soon He went back to unpacking boxes, and I opened the window in my room to let some fresh air in,

then turned away from the window and began reading my book, when something struck the back of my head.

I jumped and looked around to see a small scrunched up paper aeroplane, I reach for the paper, undoing the plane.

Reading the words written on the piece of paper

"Hi, my names River."