Chapter 20

Valentina's POV

As I entered Nona's room, she gently opened her eyes, the bright sunlight streaming in through the window. She groaned burying her head into her pillow.

"Wakey! Wakey, sleepyhead!" I shouted opening the blinds to let the sun in. She attempted to go back to sleep but I took the covers off the bed. "Nona! I am leaving today, can you at least say goodbye to me without always being grumpy? Adios mi Americana gruñona favorita." I kissed her forehead.

"Don't call me that or I am going to cry." She shook her head, grabbed my hands, and pulls me in for a hug.

"I was just kidding! Sorry." I forgot she's pregnant and sensitive for a split second.

"Oh shush. I am going to miss you! You are the strongest and kindest young woman, you are close to perfect!" She grabbed her phone and looked at the time. "In about 20 hours... I am no longer the first person you'll call when you need help because we don't live on the same roof anymore. However, I want you to keep me in your heart and I'll stay there forever. I love you and this baby inside me loves you too!"

I smiled at her and softly pats her stomach. "I will! Dear baby, hi I am Tina! I can't wait to see you and play with you, take care of your mommy. I love you too!"

Nona began to cry, she cries a lot over small things because of course she's pregnant, she is the most adorable. I went back to my room, sat on my vanity chair to make mom my last morning poem before I see her in person. I arose today with so much excitement; it's tough to get me to feel genuine enthusiasm these days, but just thinking about coming home makes me feel like a kid on Christmas morning. My family is a daydream, all I see is them, a light at the end of the tunnel, they are the sunshine I'm always running to.

"Tina! Your mom's calling you on Viber! You left your phone in my room and please come and get it! Thank you and love you!" Yep, that is sweet grumpy Nona. I rushed into her room to get my phone and went downstairs to make breakfast.

Imee's POV

"What took you so long to answer the phone, mi hija? No puedo esperar a verte!" I said and saw her pouring Lucky Charms cereal on the bowl.

"Oh wow, I know you read books in Spanish but I didn't know you speak Español, manang? Hello, Vale!" Irene butted in.

Irene is spending the night at my place because she's going to help me decorate the house like a welcome home surprise for Tina tomorrow morning; I need a little help from her because I can't do this all by myself that's why I told her to accompany me; it'll also be sister bonding time, I guess. I told her to come after lunch and she went here before lunch... I mean why would I even be surprised? It's IRENE, the proper and poise Irene. She's makulit with a class unlike me na makulit lang talaga.

"Hi, mummy and momma Irene! I left my phone in Nona's room, I was in my room doing something. I was thinking of calling you on Viber when I'm on the plane but I remember by the time I came there, you are already asleep. By the way, momma Irene? What are you doing there? You both look so adorable with your matching PJs!" Tina said as she eats her cereal.

"Well, your momma Irene came here because she misses me and wants to spend time with her ate!" I lied. Irene's eyes widened & softly pinched my leg. "And she didn't bring any sleepwear so she had to use my PJs. I think she did it on purpose not to bring her sleepwear because she loves to borrow my clothes ever since." I gaped at Irene and she laughs. "You can call me when you are on the plane! It's okay!"

"Please! I did not! I forgot, okay? Honestly speaking, I do love to borrow your clothes! I'm not sure why but they are gorgeous. Remember in the mid-70s? I told you I want to borrow your blazer so I can channel my inner Farrah Fawcett? You didn't lend it to me so I kidnapped your blazer." Irene grinned.

"Stop bringing that up, Irene! I told you I was going to wear that blazer the next day pero pag tingin ko sa closet ko wala na!" I rolled my eyes at her and we both laugh.

Tina laughs hysterically. "Oh my God! You two are so cute when you argue and you two are my fashion icons. This is the slowest 2 months of my life and I can't wait to see you tomorrow morning mommas! I have to get ready and I love you both." Tina blows us a kiss and ends the call.

Oh, would you look at her- the girl is a work of art. Tina became our source of joy since she's always with me and Irene. She's the only girl in her generation, that's why we're always eager to spend time with her. You know, no matter how cruel the world may be, life will always be beautiful because she's part of it.

"Ate, Scoot over" Irene said after putting lotion on her skin... Pati lotion ko ginamit.

"What? Are you going to sleep beside me? I thought you're sleeping in Tina's room?" I squinted and grab the remote.

"No? I am sleeping beside you!" She points her finger to the TV and shriek. "Oh, that! Gone with the wind! I want to watch that again! It's been years since the last time I watched that movie." She frightened me.

"Ano ba Irene! Ang ligalig mo ha. Tina loves this movie too! We all love this film. Remember, lagi natin ito pinapanood sa palace? Si Bonget naman naiinis saatin kapag pinapanood natin ito. We aspire to be Scarlett O'hara!"

"Yes, and who doesn't love this film?! It's classic! It's just that I hope the ending is different and Rhett did not leave."

"Scarlett O'hara is a bitch that's why!" I rolled my eyes and it made Irene giggle.

At the intermission of the movie, I glanced at Irene and she was completely spaced out while holding Lola. Tina's beloved stuff toy.

"It's hard to describe in words how proud I am of Tina. She have exceeded all expectations, achieving more than I could imagine in such a short period of time."

"Well, she have the world in her hands and I wish she grasp it tightly. What's going on? Are you alright?" I ask.

"Yeah, why? I am going downstairs to get more wine. Do you also want more? Don't skip the intermission of the movie." Irene's foot caught in the rug and stumbled, she also avoided having eye contact with me.

That weirdo. When she returns to the room she hands me the wine as if nothing had happened 2 minutes ago. She grabs the remote and played the movie.

After watching this almost 4-hour movie, I found myself sobbing. Guess what? Poor Irene fell asleep in the middle of the movie... Siya pa ang nag recommend na manood daw kami ng Gone with the Wind! Should've watched Breakfast at Tiffany's or High Society instead.

Valentina's POV

I've already boarded the aircraft. I'm happy this plane has wifi so I won't be bored and can talk to my mom, and I hope they're still awake. When I opened my handbag to get my phone and call mom to see if she was still awake, I noticed my notebook of poetry and letters for mummy was missing. I must have left it on my vanity table this morning! Bummer! Why am I such a big dumb ass?! I'll just phone Nona when I get home because I'm sure she's still sleeping and I don't want to wake the lady up.

I called Mom twice but she is not picking the phone up, I suppose she has fallen asleep. I put on my airpods and listen to some music; the first song I listen to is ABBA's slipping through my fingers, which was my mum's lullaby to me when I couldn't sleep. Loving her is like a lullaby that I would wrap myself in every night before I fall asleep until the end of time.

I was awoken by turbulence. Flight attendants were everywhere, they are not panicking so I am also not panicking. When it comes to turbulence on the flight, it's the faces of the flight attendant I look to gauge if I should be calm or not; I just continued my sleep and stay calm as possible.

Author's note:
Hello! I have no idea what's happening to me but this is all I got... I still have a lot of pending activities and it's hell week (exam week) sooo expect slow ud pa din po😔 I have to study na po lol thank you for reading & waiting patiently sa ud. I can't even think of a word to describe how annoying school is PERO NEED MAG STRIVE PARA KAY SEN. IMEE<33