Chapter 5

Valentina's POV

I turned down a lot of interviews from well-known talk shows, I'm only here to have a wonderful time with my family; I'm not here to work. I'm sure they'll ask as to what got me here and why I'm with the Marcoses. I've been spending these past few days very perplexing because of this mess I created. I think it is time to talk to mom about this.

Downstairs, Mom's already got her papers arranged on the kitchen table. The kuyas are on the couch, watching old episodes of Grey's Anatomy.

"I aspire to be Meredith Grey-" I said at the back of them.

"To be a doctor? That's a good idea!" Kuya Borgy interrupts, he nods & did a thumbs up.

"Oh no kuya, to have a McDreamy! And when Meredith brings her two boyfriends together and lets them know she wants to date both of them to see which one she likes better? And that misters what I aspire to be." I joked.

They all turned around with one brow up raise, their face are so adorable.

"You are kidding right?" Kuya Matt squinted at me.

"No, you and Mia are not allowed to have a boyfriend" Kuya Michael raised his two eyebrows and also squinted at me.

"I'll dissect the heck out of them." Kuya Borgy picks up the remote and pretends it's a scalpel.

"Oh this is the part where I'll scram and skedaddle, I was just joking lol I just wanna disturb you." I chuckled and left, they were baffled as to whether I was joking or not.

"You know what we should do?" I said, sprawled on mom's bed.

"Watch Gone with the Wind?" She guesses.

"Nope but I lovEeEe Gone with the Wind!"
We both fangirl over Vivien Leigh and the movie for 5 mins straight.

"What I really want us to do is go to the lake and you know, just walk." I shrug.

"But darling, it's already night?" she says.

"Please?"

"Hmm okay, I am only doing this because you are my favorite daughter."

"Of course because I am your only daughter."

We roll out of bed, stuff our feet into slippers, and creep downstairs to the coat hooks beside the door. I pull my sweatshirt and put it on over my pajamas and we step outside. Mom's driver is on the porch and greets us.

We are at Paoay Lake, looks very stunning. This is my chance to tell her about what's going on with my career. I wrapped my arm around her arm and her skin felt like tulips; so soft & delicate.

"Why don't you be an actress? Since you are so good at everything." I ask while we are walking.

"They don't like me because I am a Marcos but kidding aside, I did two films but stopped acting because I don't think I fit in, which is why I'm in politics. I am not good at everything unlike you sweetheart." She answers and lean on my head.

"What? I envy you because you are literally an angel sent down from heaven even the sun envied you because you had the brightest flame the world had witnessed. Are you kidding? You are unbelievably smart and beautiful from the inside & out! People may not believe you but I will always believe you because I know you the most, mom" I hold back my tears and smiled at her.

"What did you just say? Did you just call me mom?" She shriek.

"You, calling me mom is a music to my ear lovely. You are so dear. Thank you for your beautiful words, they mean the whole world to me." she continues.

"Mom, you are such an inspiration to all of us! Your voice is powerful, vulnerable, and valuable!! You truly deserve endless happiness." I hugged her tight so I can make sure she felt like I hugged her heart.

I hate that I let my ego stand in the way when I am about to do the right thing. She might get mad at me for lying. There is a rock in my chest; drenched in liquid distress and each time I inhale, the sharp edges penetrate my ribs making something as fundamental as breathing feel so unnatural. I am at war with my mind.

--------------------------

Hi besties!! I have to take a short break from writing due to many things. I'll be back next week? but for now, I'm sending you strength and love 🕯💌