Chapter 8

Valentina's POV

I've been spending these past few days with auntie Irene doing silly and fun things, including lunch with her amigas & grocery shopping with her, which isn't my thing but doing it with her is amusing. She is an icon and a goofball. She'll come over to help me in painting my blank canvas.

"Hello, Tina! Missed me?" Auntie Irene pull me in for a hug.

"Auntie! I just saw you yesterday" I hugged her back.

"Alright, love you too"

"I never said I didn't love you, you are an hour late auntie Ireneee but I am fine with it just because you look so pretty"

"Yeah? just like you, your mom, and mama Meldy. Thank God for beautiful genes" she giggled and tucked my hair behind my ear.

Mom and her are very similar, they are beyond compare and I totally admire them. My life has been turned upside down for the right reasons. They taught me so much: they taught me that sometimes you have to have everything taken away from you to know what it means to have had it and they also taught me that life can be dramatic and funny all in the same day. Auntie Irene had been a mother figure to me and I can't thank them for what they've done to me, my life is better because of this family, and without them, I don't know where I'd be. They had saved who I am, and helped massively in the short term but also the long term.

"How do you describe your painting?" Auntie Irene asks while painting her canvas.

"I don't know? It's giving Lana Del Rey song vibes"

"Lana who?"

"She is a singer auntie! But how about you? How do you describe yours?"

"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper. It's a famous quote of William Butler Yeats and that my love how I describe my painting"

I find it entertaining and amazing when I ask them to explain or describe a thing, they answer it so detailed and eloquently. How in the hell can she describe it impressively?? I am madly in love with how smart they are.

"Oh that's quite an amazing quote, I stopped believing in magic when I lost my papa and grandma but your work is beyond beautiful!"

"You don't? Why? Remember when you were a child, life was magical and the smallest things were utterly thrilling to you. You were full of excitement when you lost a tooth because it meant the Tooth Fairy would be coming that night. Reindeer could fly, there were fairies in the garden, dreams came true, and toys had personalities. Your heart was full of joy, your imagination knew no limits! I just want to tell you that the magic you once believe is true, and it's a disillusioned adult perspective of life that is false. The magic of life is real and it's as real as you are Valentina! You may not see reindeer fly, but you will see things you've always wanted appearing before your eyes, and you will see the things you've dreamed of for so long suddenly happening."

"yes, like I've always been dreaming and praying to meet my mom and it happened. Lucky me I have two moms now- Mom and you." My heart is bursting as happiness turns my stomach into knots. I lost my magic but auntie Irene just brought it back.

"That is so sweet of you my love. You are my favorite daughter then!"

"Of course because I am the only girl from my generation. You are like mom" I laugh hysterically.

"Yeah? But I am more fun than ate Imee- Just kidding, your mom might hear me and might stab me with an ax. Are you ready to experience the magic again?" She took a bottle of paint and splashed it all over me.

We both screamed and laughed. I also splashed her with red paint and went crazy.

"Hey, kids! What is this mess? Why are you both covered in paint?" Mom says with a smile.

"Auntie Irene started it. She is the one to blame mom" I joked and auntie Irene splashed me with paint again.

"Oh my God! You both look so funny, please go take a bath!"

After a bath, I saw auntie Irene sitting on my bed and pats my bed. I climb next to her, she smelled exactly like mom; lavender and vanilla. I don't see any difference between her and mom, THEY ARE SURREAL.

"You are too beautiful to be a human, no wonder why you're titled as the most beautiful" Auntie Irene then run my silver hairbrush through my brown wavy hair.

"Auntie Irene, You flatter me! But thank you it runs in the family"

The love I have for them is too big for my heart. Even if I only knew them for a month it is nearly impossible to put them into words. I wish people could see how I look at them. I look at them the way poets look at the moon. Ethereal and a beauty that doesn't seem plausible.

--------------------------

Hi to the person who's reading this and acknowledged my presence. You, just reading my story quickly convinced me that I wasn't as transparent as I believed I was. The tranquility of your vote offered a 'nice story' and was followed with 'I so love this' nice, it was, to feel like I was being seen.<333 Have a lovely day peeps xx