Chapter 11

Imee's POV

It's twelve-thirty in the afternoon, Tina is still not home. I can't call the cops yet because I'm afraid people would freak out if they discover that my daughter has been gone for 3 hours or so; Tina is a well-known person practically everyone recognizes her because she is Valentina Del Castillo. I have to find Tina or else I am dead, what if she ran away because she thought I was upset with her? Ano baaa, this is my first time sulking with Tina that's why I am panicking over here and praying that she'll show up at any second.
The clock struck one, I can't help but worry. I went out to look for her at the Lake, The deep hue of the lake became the poetic song of the light that played upon its wind-dancing ruffles. Our house is close lang sa lake, maybe pumunta si Tina dito? Because she loves this place. We always go here when we are bored and just talk about everything, she'll tell me all her secrets and I'll tell her mine. I love how comfortable she is with me.

I keep tucking my hair behind my ear because my distress is getting worst & I am uncomfortable.
An hour later, I still can't find Tina. I need to rest for a bit because this whole thing is exhausting so I sat down on the wooden platform looking at the lake. The lake met the sun with such grace as if the two of them were so enchanted by this eternal dance. Tina and I love to dance and the songs we play must be ABBA, I mean their songs are superior.

I smelled a familiar scent- its fruity floral with a hint of sweetness that I adore, making it feel both youthful yet sophisticated. The perfume lingers in the breeze. I turned around since the aroma was getting stronger and spotted her loping.
It's Tina.

"Mom?" she calls. She gasps as she hurries up to me.

"Tina? Oh my dear I've been looking for you!" My heart swells with gratitude and relief and I rush into her arms. She hugs me tightly and tears run down my cheeks. "Where have you been? Momma was so worried."

"I went for a run mom and got lost, a nice woman offered me a ride and I told her to drop me off here at the lake. Why are you crying? Why are you here? I mean I am so happy I saw you here. Sorry mum, didn't mean to hurt your feelings last night. You are not mad at me?" She bit her lips and wiped my tears.

I blew air through my nose and smiled at her. "Tina, my love I've been looking for you and calling you! You've been gone for 5 hours and have no idea where you are. I came here because I assumed you were here or had run away. I am not mad at you! I miss your beautiful face and thank you for the beautiful letter you wrote, I am happy they are back." I kissed her on the forehead.

She claps her hand over her mouth. "Wait mom, I wrote at the back of the letter that I'd go for a run? My phone died that's why I didn't respond, sorry."

"Oh, you did? I am so sorry. Momma was so excited to see you a while ago but when I came into your room, you are not there and then I was looking for you everywhere-"

"Okay, mom okay. I hear you." Tina interrupted me and giggled. "Anyway, I wrote you that letter not just because I feel bad but I missed writing you letters every morning. I find it difficult when I write letters to other people. But to you, It's uncomplicated. Every inch of you is perfect." She smiled and I hugged her tight.

Naglakad lang kami ni Tina pauwi and It's Christmas Eve tonight! We're going to Mama Meldy's place to celebrate Christmas Eve. The Marcos family will be present, and we are all quite excited since Tina will be spending her first Christmas eve with us. On Christmas Day, it's just me, Tina, and Borgy because Matt is celebrating with his girlfriend while Michael is celebrating with his family. Christmas Day is casual and slow, to allow us to savor the moment and the miracle of Jesus' birth. We stay in our pajamas, make breakfast, sit by the fire, and open presents.

"Do you want to watch a movie before we go to mama Meldy's house? I mean it's only 5? It will start at 10 pm and if we watch a 2 hour or an hour and a half movie we will still be there on time and still have time to get ready? It's too early and I am bored already mom." Tina suggested.

"Are you serious? I mean sure! What do you want to watch?? Let's watch gone with the wind again!!" I said excitingly.

Tina shrugged. "I would love to but that is a 4-hour movie mom. Hmm, how about we watch the films you are in? That would be fun right?!"

"It's Tagalog and I know you won't understand it." I squinted at her.

She took the remote control and search Imee Marcos movies "Do not underestimate me, momma. Besides, there is an English subtitle. This one caught my eye Kapag Kumatok ang Pag-Ibig." She said in a Spanish accent.

"The way you said the title is hysterically funny! Hay nako my love, buti na lang anak kita at mahal kita" I once again saw a confused Tina. I can't help but laugh at her.

"¿Qué? No puedo entenderte?" She answers trying to get revenge because she did not understand my Tagalog.

"Ha! puedo entender un poco de español mi amore," I said and Tina gasp.

"Sí bueno momma. You win smarty pants! Tina cero, Imee uno. Ugh, I am so jealous of how perfect you are!" She said while looking at the T.V.

"Not even close! Manood na tayo" I tease her again. Tina glanced at me and raised one eyebrow.
She looks so much like me when she does a masungit face, she is utterly adorable.

We just finished watching the film which I cringed the whole time. Well, Tina also learned a new Tagalog word! She said I looked adorable when I say the word Ulol in the movie. Yes, you heard that right, but she didn't know what is the meaning of it. But it made me happier when I saw how proud Tina was of me. I turned the T.V. off and Tina talks.

"Didn't know you are such an amazing actress and does rom-com film! That was so funny lol, my favorite scene of the movie is probably when you screamed. And when you are with auntie Aimee, she is so adorable with her cute accent." She said & I giggled at her. She got up from the couch, turned around, and faced me again.
"Do you miss being with guys?" She asks.

I softly snort and stand up. "Hmm sometimes? I have so many guys in my life! Your kuyas, cousins, and uncle Bonget!"

"Will you ever date again?" Her face got serious and I was discombobulated.

"Ermm maybe, but only if the right guy comes along."

"Who is the man you were talking to at the party? He is good-looking. You would make a cute couple." she smiled.

"The president? Tina he's a married man!"

"No, not him! He is a very tall and handsome, brown-skinned man. I forgot his name, I think his name is starting with-"

"Okaaaay, let's get ready for Christmas Eve!!" I avoided her and walked away & heard her laughing.

"Tina uno, Imee uno" she shouted.

I was thinking about what Tina said while I get ready. Noelle is his name. Noelle is a tall, brown-skinned, brown-eyed man-okay, a handsome man who wears polo shirts and suits all the time. I had a huge crush on him when I was a teenager, his sister is a friend of mine, and si Bonget naman friend ni Noelle. He was there last night because their family is close with my family. We were just talking about our teenage shenanigans and it's not a big deal.

Valentina's POV

Mom blushed when I mention that Noelle guy but she interrupted me. Auntie Irene told me when we were walking at the lake that mom had a huge crush on him. I saw him and her talking and I bet they'd make a good couple.
I'm looking forward to spending Christmas Eve with my family, but I'm also disappointed that I'll have to return to the United States before the new year. I have to return because I have to work, and I recently lost a project, so this is quite important to me. Honestly speaking, I don't want to go back yet, I am only happy there when I am working but here... I am always happy especially when I am with them, I was able to find happiness.

Author's note:
Sorry for the slow update hehe. omg this is getting boring I am so sorry🥲 If you have a crazy obsession with Imee and Hollywood middle-aged actresses then that's not good but I have a crazy obsession with them too... I need more moots😚 just message me here or let's be moots on ig cause I am not active here so let's talk on ig hekhek<33 I am friendly:)))