Chapter 17

Valentina's POV

Another beautiful morning, wrap us tenderly in silky hues, sunshine bathing, creamy sheets entangled. Waking up in mom's loving embrace makes the day feel soft again. I went to the kitchen to make us breakfast, I have a lot of time since my things are all packed and ready. Manong driver will still accompany me today and no more requests just straight to the airport so I will not miss my flight again. I was making mom and myself an avocado toast when the doorbell rang. I kept my toast in my mouth and dusted my hands, going to the door. I pulled the toast out as I opened the door, seeing Auntie Irene.

"Good morning?" I said, stepping aside and letting her enter. I closed the door behind her and then turned to her. "Do you want some toast, momma Irene?" I offered.

"No, thank you. Vale..." She cleared her throat. "I can't stop thinking and worrying about you. Are you sure you are leaving? You can stay here?"

"Yes. This was my last straw, I cannot defend myself from my agent any longer. Sorry, but I'll be back after 2 months? Trust." I awkwardly smiled.

"God! That's too long. Oh, I am going to miss you so bad! Vale! Why is it hard to let you go? You damaged me." She rests my head on her chest.

"Irene? Ano ginagawa mo dito?" Mom barges in.

"Oh, just went to say bye-bye to my munchkin!" She stared at me and run her fingers through my hair. "I am leaving na. Goodbye, darling, and take care! I love you." She kissed me on my forehead and leave.

That was sweet and strange? I hope she's okay. I feel bad for leaving & I didn't know how much it would affect me mentally and hurt this much.

"What happened to Irene? That's odd." Mom said rubbing her sleepy eyes.

"Momma Irene dropped by to say goodbye again?" I said hesitantly, leading mom into the kitchen. I continued making myself a cup of tea and made one for mom too because she has a knack for tea. Chamomile, lavender, green, herbal, you name it, she loves it.

She looked down at the cup and then back at me, biting back a smile. "Thank you mi amore! What your momma Irene said is true. Why is it hard to let you go?"

"Awe, Mom... Be right back." I ran upstairs to get my teddy. I saw Lola on mom's bed as I open the door, I grab her and pressed her little voice box.

"Hey pal, isn't beautiful here? This is your new home and you are now the one in charge when mom is feeling lonely, snuggle her because I'll be leaving you here. I love you to pieces, Lola." I whisper and boop my nose to Lola's nose.

I dashed downstairs to the kitchen, where mum was still sipping her tea and munching on the avocado toast I had made. "Mom? Here, take Lola. I want you to have her so you won't miss me that much." I grin.

"Oh, Honey. But Lola means so much to you! I can't take her away from you." She frown and did a pouty expression.

"No mummy. I know you will love her as much as you love me and you can still hear my little I wuv you poot voice?" I giggled and hand her Lola.

She stared at Lola, caressing her tummy. "I will love her unconditionally! Whenever I see Lola, I feel like I have little Tina with me." She chuckled and put her on her lap.

I headed upstairs to shower, dress, and do my hair before taking one last look around my room. I left some of my belongings here, such as the paintings I made that my mom said she would hang on the wall, some clothes, and other miscellaneous items. I was about to leave my room when I noticed a polaroid attached to my vanity mirror. It was a photo of me and mom, taken by Auntie Irene. I took the polaroid out of the mirror and placed it behind my clear phone case, which looks absolutely adorable.