Chapter 19

Valentina's POV

I'm in good shape after numerous therapy sessions. I also feel a lot better knowing that I'll see my family in 2 days! I wish I could bring Nona with me since I want her to meet my family, but she is a workaholic and won't be able to leave her job. It's 5:30 in the morning and the first thing I did was sent a voice message to mom while waiting for her reply I got up and write her a morning poem, geez I made a ton of poems and letters. I wrote these with so much love and I love my mom with every fiber of my being.

"Nona!" I scream from my room but get no reply.

"Nona!" I scream louder hoping she will hear me.

"Lori Barrows!" I then scream and she runs into my room.

"What is it, Tina?" She asked looking at me with confusion.

"Which dress shall I wear?" I asked holding up two dresses at each side of my shoulder. One is a corset dress from Chanel spring collection 1993 and the other is a Dior newsprint dress; very Carrie Bradshaw vibes.

"Let me get this right. You scream at the top of your lungs and call your Nona by her name so I can help you pick which dress to wear?" She asked smiling and her eyes glowed. Those big blue eyes were just lovely. "You are such a goofball! Of course, the Chanel! Love that! Where are you going?"

"You look so pale? You alright? We'll have breakfast at the Beverly Hills Hotel and go somewhere. You'll drive and I'll tell you where we are heading." I said looking at the mirror as I pictured myself in this corset dress.

"Oh wow, I am not your chauffeur but okay since you are the one who's paying for everything. I am quite good, don't worry. I'll get ready and be right back." She smiled and walked out of my closet.

We are going to Bel-Air after breakfast, I bought her a house... Her very own home! I've decided to move back in with my mom because I want to be happy again, and my life has become a disaster without her. I'll still come here for projects or work and stay at Nona's new house; it'll be hard to leave her, and I'll miss her terribly, but mom is beyond compare, and they are my home.

Home is definitely them, a place that feels like a tight hug; where time stands still for just a moment, where the noise of the outside world is blocked out and where I can breathe it all out after being tense all day. From the moment my mom welcomed me to her warm abode, I feel safe and I feel exceptionally loved. Marcoses are my warmest tight hug.

Suddenly, my phone made a whistling noise. I looked to see it was from mom.

Mom: Good morning darling! The session is done and my eyes are tired. What are you up to?

Me: Get some rest! Nona and I are going to the Beverly Hills Hotel and I have a surprise for her. Are you getting ready for bed?

Mom: Have fun! What's the surprise? Not yet because I still have a lot of things to do. Oh, Tina, mummy misses you so much! I can't wait to see you in 2 days.

Me: The surprise is... I bought her a house! Because I am going to live with you! Or with you and Noelle? I was going to tell you about this when I arrived there but I can't wait. Lol, I ruined it.

Mom: No you did not! I would love that! Mummy will take care of you and love you endlessly! You made my entire day or perhaps my entire year? And by the way, Noelle and I are not seeing each other anymore because I have decided that I only want to spend my life with you and your kuyas.

"I am done! You are not ready yet? Why are you still on your phone, missy?" Nona startled me.

"Nona! You scared me! I am almost ready, I am just going to wear this then we will go." I said while looking at my phone and still messaging mom.

Me: Wait what? I am sorry. I thought you guys were the end game! You are so cute together and the way he talks to you ahck! I love! Mom, get some rest and I'll talk to you later okay? I have to go bye-bye! Mahal kita xx

Mom: Take care! Te quiero mucho, mi amore!

I put my phone down and dressed up as fast as I can. I creep downstairs, heard someone puking in the kitchen sink. It was Nona.

"Hey! I thought you said you are alright? We can cancel today?" I grabbed a tissue and hand it to her.

"No, let's go! I am good. Thanks!" She said as she walked out the door.

What is wrong with her? Everything was silent as we got in the car. When we arrived at the Cabana Cafe, Nona is still not talking. The hostess warmly greeted us and escorted us to our seats. She handed us the menu, and I ordered their famous avocado toast and protein bowl, while Nona chose a jumbo chocolate chip cookie and a cabana beef burger.

"Aren't you vegetarian? Why did you order these?" I shrugged nonchalantly.

"What about it? Why are you depriving me of my food? Then why are you eating avocado toast and protein bowl and acting like you are a healthy person?" Nona said, her voice going all whiney.

"Lori Barrows... You are so rude! To answer your question, I am wearing this Chanel corset and if I eat what you're eating right now it will make my stomach bloated. I'll eat later, I am not that hungry anyway." I looked at her and she was eating like a pig.
"Shut up!" My eyes widen and she looks at me, curiosity apparent.

"What?" she replied.

"What do you mean what?! You are pregnant, aren't you? You are having mood swings, you are vomiting, you are eating a lot, and eating meat!" I shriek and squinted at her.

"Lower your voice. I am and let's not talk about it here." She said sheepishly.

I arose from my seat, gave her a little hug, sat back on my seat, and continue eating. What an actual heck? I am eager to leave this place and talk about her unborn baby!
After an hour, we finished our food and it was time to show her the house I bought. We headed to her car and Nona asks.

"Where are we going? Oh, I am so full." She pats her stomach as she turns the steering wheel.

"963 Bel Air Rd" I glance at her and she was confused again.

"Are you going to visit a friend? I'll wait for you in the car, I am going to nap." She yawns.

"No, you are coming with me. You see the lady standing on your front lawn? Stop there."

"My front lawn? Tina, are you hallucinating?"

I got out of the car, the lady I was talking about a while ago gave me the keys to the house and Nona followed me. She is standing behind me, I put the keys in, turn the doorknob and push the door to be wide open. It was a cozy home! Perfect for Nona and her unborn baby.

"Surprise! This is your new house! I am going back to the Philippines in 2 days. I don't want to leave you in my depressing home."

"You are kidding? Oh, Tina! Is this going to be our new home? This is lovely!" She caresses my face.

"It's your new house! I have to tell you something but first, do you mind telling me who's the baby daddy of your child?"

"Oh, it's Sean. Remember, he spent last last Christmas with us? He was the one who gave you lots of chocolates and toothaches. But, we are done. He wants me to move in with him and I told him that I have to end our relationship because I can't live with him. If I live with him, what will happen to you, Tina?"

Oh, shoot, what have I done? I hugged Nona tight and she hugged me back. "I bought you this house to start your new life without me because I decided to live in the Philippines. I am so sorry for ruining your relationship but you go tell Sean that you are having a baby with him and grow your family here. I am so happy for you Nona. I love you! I will visit you and might stay here when I have projects or work. I'll just walk home since it's only a few blocks away." I smiled at her and Nona kissed me on the cheeks.

"You are always welcome here! You also bought this house so you can stay here as long as you want. I will miss you so much and I have to go to Sean. I'll see you at dinner! I love you." She said as beads of tears came out of her.

oh, my heart swells while my smile spreads as I opened my phone and send a voice message to mom saying "I am coming home, mummy."

Author's note:
sorryyy for another boring chapter, I tried. Whenever I write, I always ended up having a mental breakdown. I am foked up🥲 Goodnighttt I'll do better:)))