Chapter 4

Imee's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night still lying on Valentina's bed, I was thinking about leaving but saw her asleep in my arm. I stared and admire her beauty for 5 minutes straight, run my fingers through her hair & over the moon is completely an understatement. She has this long silky wavy brown hair- so soft and thick like mine; Deeply in love with her innocent angelic face.
I gently lift her head and placed the pillow underneath it, then gently lay her head on the pillow, tucked her in, kiss her forehead again and leave the room.

It is 7 in the morning, I sat down; barely awake and glance at my bedside table and saw a handwritten letter? it says,

"Goodmorning Sen. Imee! I hope you leave the curtains open today, so sunlight can spill on your walls and remind you that light is waiting for you to welcome it back in. I hope it dissolves into your skin evaporates darkness. I hope it invades your soul and reminds you that light can travel in the same places as darkness. Life is a game of hide & seek between light & dark. Light always wins in the end.
-Valentina<3"

The letter she wrote melted my heart & gave me an instant serotonin boost.

Valentina's POV

I just finished working out and my phone won't stop ringing and I have 18 missed calls from my agent, Kate. I don't know what she wants from me but I told her I am on a vacation. I don't like being disturbed & she is getting on my nerves but I called her back.

"Yes, Kate? What's happening?" I ask.

"Why aren't you answering my calls?" she responds.

"I was exhausted yesterday! Sorry."

"You said you are going to the Philippines to meet your mom but you didn't say your mom is Imee Marcos and your grandma is Imelda Marcos! Don't announce or say anything to the public about your birth mom or you'll lose the role you want." She says.

"What does my birth mom have to do with my job?" I glare at Kate.

"Didn't you do your research? Didn't she say she graduated from Princeton University but people didn't believe her because she is a Marcos? If they found out you have Marcos blood you might lose this role and you worked hard to get this role."
What Kate said made me unable to speak anything coherent.

"This is your big break." she continues.

I saw my mom's silhouette before she even step foot into my room. I could tell it was her because I can smell her from here, she smells like vanilla and lavender.

"Valentina? Honey?" Mom said.

"I'll call you back, Kate. Thank you."

I glance at her. "Good morning! Uhh, I don't want to sound rude or hurt your feelings but can we not tell the people yet why I am with you? I know it's so weird but can we keep it a secret first? I'll tell them soon though it's just- I need more time, so sorry." I cannot look at her because I think I made her uncomfortable.

"Hey no, it's okay! Take your time mmkay? Don't worry about me or us, everything is fine! I'll tell our family you are not ready to announce it yet, no biggie!" She smiled and boop my nose.

"Grateful for you" I smiled.

I don't know what to do- I just came here & I am creating a mess already. I feel bad for lying to her but acting is the only thing that keeps my life afloat, and Kate is right: this is my big break. I don't want to put my life in my birth mom's hands because I just met her and my career is prospering & doing so much great, being an actress is always been my dream. I went to the kitchen to have breakfast and saw mom cooking eggs & bacon while the sun illuminates her with its beautiful rays.

"What's the best dish you can cook?" I ask her while she's putting the food on the plate.

"Pinakbet! I cooked it yesterday haha I overheard you loved it! By the way, I forgot to thank you; the letter you wrote me... That is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for your beautiful words. Have you also ever thought of going into writing? you speak so, or write beautifully and eloquently. How are you so talented and smart?" She said.

"Yes! I loved it and is that even a question sen. Imee?? Of course, I got it from you!!" I giggled.

I got guilty when she said I was smart, I remember what Kate told me a while ago. If I am that smart then I wouldn't create this mess or have a solution with this project thing right away. I should tell her what Kate told me but I don't want to hurt her feelings... I have two choices, the big break I always want or be with this lovely family.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again! I started writing this story as a coping mechanism & I didn't expect this to blow up and I am swimming in gratitude for all of your support🥺🥺🥺 School works have occupied my every thought, I am scared to mess this story up but still THANK YOU<33