Chapter 15

Imee's POV

I stared at my wardrobe, my palms sweating, my face heating up. It's today. It's Thursday. The day Noelle was supposed to take me on a date. What am I even doing? Why did I say yes? He's actually really sweet, he is a genuine person at heart, and he's the type of guy I need in my life. I am a mess, wearing a silk blouse over a slip and a roller just on top of my head. I have been staring at my wardrobe for good twenty minutes now and still do not know what to wear.

"Mom, I am not feeling well. I don't know if I can come with you and Noelle" Tina appears in the doorway looking pale.

"Oh no! It's okay I am just going to tell Noelle that we can't make it. Besides, I can't handle this. I'm not mature enough for this. If the man didn't make me so nuts, I'd still be with him." I reply while texting my helper to bring some medicine for Tina.

"No! I mean, you don't have to cancel it. I'll call Auntie Irene to look after me while you are on a date." She said hesitantly.

"Tina, I have a really ridiculous, somewhat childish request to make. You know that I am frightened to go out with men-" I tucked my hair behind my ear and Tina nods modestly. "Anyway, I was wondering if..."

"-I'd tell him you don't want to go out with him anymore?" Tina finished my sentence & raised her eyebrows.

"Would you, darling? I'd be forever grateful." I caress her cheeks.

"Momma, I am sorry but I cannot & that would be embarrassing if you stood him up. Look, you don't have to worry! You are beautiful inside & out. Now, if I were going to date again with my first love and I had your legs..." She gazed at my wardrobe, reach into my clothes, and pulls out a black silk dress.
"I'd wear this baby. You'll kill in it."

Tina wants me to wear my 90s plunging sheer black silk dress. It's very stunning and it's too much. But, I still listened to her because she is a vogue icon and knows everything about fashion so this is what I am going to wear tonight. Iniisip ko pa lang yung date at hindi ko kasama si Tina makes me want to go home already, I like Noelle a lot pero bakit nag date pa e alam ko naman na mga hilig niya at tsaka aalis na si Tina bukas sana pag uwi ko maka pag spend pa ako ng time with her.

Valentina's POV

Well, I lied I am not really sick. I just sat in the sunroom until my body get hot so I can't go with mom and Noelle. It's superfluous of me to come on their date and I don't want to disturb them. I texted Auntie Irene, asking if I could spend the evening with her, and told her that I had feigned my fever; she responded by telling me that I was such a wicked child. She'll pick me up and take me to an outdoor movie theater, this will be my last night with her because I'll leave tomorrow afternoon and might not see her anymore so why not spend the night watching a film with her?

Mom walked down the stairs looking drop-dead gorgeous. I am convinced she drank from the fountain of youth. "I literally have no words like I don't even know what to say I'm too astounded by such a work of art."

"I am blushing! Thank you, my love. Your compliment means everything to me. I love you and I'll see you later get well darling. Noelle will be here at any minute, I am quite nervous." Mom fidgets with her fingers.

"I lied. I am not really sick sorry mom, I just don't want to be part of your first date, this is you and Noelle and I am not part of this. Don't worry, you'd do good! You'll probably take Noelle's breath away with your gorgeous gorgeous face and body." I said while I spray perfume on her.

The doorbell rang. "Smartypants! Okay, adios, and have fun with auntie Irene." Mom said and fly kissed me as she walk through the front door.

"Woah." Noelle was astounded. Mom made him unable to speak anything coherent, as she should.
"Imee, sobrang ganda mo. Wish I could say more but you made me speechless." Noelle hand me and mom a bouquet of tulips. Mi favorita.