Chapter 18

Valentina's POV

"Hi momma Irene! You are the first one I called because I was worried about you when you went to mom's house but I just want to let you know that I am here safe and sound."

"Oh, thank God! I was about to get annoyed because who the hell is calling at 5 in the morning?! But I can finally sleep peacefully. Thank you for calling me, Vale. I appreciate it so much! I love you and get some rest, I know you are tired. Uncle Greggy said Hi." Momma Irene said in huge relief.

"You are mystifying, you know. Hi Uncle Greggy! Go back to bed and sorry for calling so early! Love you!"

"You too, Vale!" She hangs up the phone.

Momma Irene isn't easy to read; sometimes you will not get her but at least she's all right now.
Nona, my guardian, has not yet arrived; she is definitely at work. She usually returns home at 4 in the afternoon. I'm really thrilled to see her! I then called Mom to swoon over Don Quixote, which made us both awake. She, like myself, enjoys talking about the things we both admire. I spent the whole flight reading that book. I was on the couch waiting for Nona to come home because I am pumped to tell her more about my holiday in the Philippines and how much I miss her.

"Be right back, darling. I am just going to make a cup of tea. I have to read all these paper works and I might fall asleep any moment if I didn't drink." Mom giggled.

"Okay mom, I'll wait for you." I smiled at her, rest my head on the sofa arms and after a few seconds, I am fast asleep.

Imee's POV

I returned to my room and heard someone snoring softly from my clone phone, so I glanced at my screen and saw Tina sleeping. Even though my baby bear is exhausted, she still ends up looking lovely. I was still on the phone with her, looking after her since she said she was alone and waiting for her Nona, and I could watch her all day if she needs me.

My doorbell rang sharply at eight o'clock just as I finished reading my paper works for today's session. I pulled my robe on, flicking my hair over my shoulder while running out. I opened the door and Noelle was standing on my porch.

He looked at me head to toe, then his forehead creased in confusion. "Imee! Remember me? I haven't heard from you in 2 days."

"Oh, I got busy. I am sorry?" I awkwardly grin.

"Why didn't you tell me? I was also texting you but you are not responding."

"Look, Noelle." I took a deep breath and looked him in the eyes. "You deserve to be loved by someone who doesn't question what you mean to them. Someone who doesn't hesitate when speaking of your name, but sings it for the song that it is, for the song that you are. I believed my feelings of admiration were something more and I was a fool to lead you on to and to make you believe that you meant something more. But my love, you will always be all the things I once said you were. You will always be the love of my life but in a different way." I hold back my tears and tuck my hair behind my ear.

I am falling out of love and it looks like piecing broken teacups together with duct tape; it is not pretty, but I am not asking for it to be. I will never regret us because he taught me I could love and be loved without the fear of loss. I'm scared to catch feelings for anyone anymore. No matter how good it's going, it seems like whenever I get attached everything just seems to go wrong.

"You are not a fool, you are wonderful. Thank you for being honest with me. I will miss the stars you put in my sky. Please never forget that the sun rises and sets with your smile. At least to me, it does. You are the only thing on this planet worth worshipping. Goodbye, my first love even though I didn't want to, I had to say it." He said with sadness in his eyes.

My heart shatters onto the ground as tears roll down my face. I scan Noelle's face, caresses his face softly before I place a soft kiss on his forehead, and close the door without saying goodbye.

I went back to my room to fix my papers while sobbing, and gaped at my phone, where I saw a blonde middle-aged woman putting a duvet on Tina and kissing her forehead; she must be Nona. I was envious when I saw her doing the things I used to do to Tina when she was here. She glanced at Tina's screen, smiled at me, and made me startled. Ano ba yan, nakita niya ako.

"Hello! You are Nona, right? Tina was waiting for you but she fell asleep." I said sheepishly.

"My name is actually Lori and Nona was a silly nickname Valentina made." She giggled. "And you must be Imee? Nice to meet you. Ha! This kid adores you and does not want to leave you and to be honest, I was jealous. I was taking care of her since her father and grandma passed away but they won't let me adopt her because of my small wage. Anyway, at least she found her birth mom which made her beyond happy. Are you okay? Why were you crying? You miss Valentina already?" She asks.

"Oh, I was crying because uhh- a friend of mine dropped by and his words made me cry." I awkwardly chuckled and wipe off my tears.
"Thank you for not leaving Tina..." My other phone rang & tinatawag na daw ako sa senate. "Oh, I am so sorry I have to leave now. I have to go to work and nice to meet you, Lori!"

"Wait, mom!" Tina calls.

"Hi baby, you are awake! Mummy needs to work. I just met your Nona and she is amazing! I hope you two have a lovely day. I love you, anak!" I waved at them.

"She is amazing! Bye momma and I love you to the moon and back." She did a hand heart gesture and hangs up.

Oh, my baby bear is so wholesome, my heart is going to burst. She is the object of my affection.

Valentina's POV

Nothing fills my heart these past weeks, I try to paint the page in pink and purples but it always comes out grey. I smile in the mirror and there's a void within my eyes, I stare out the car window and think the city is so pretty but I feel empty. I don't feel good... Because my house doesn't feel like home anymore, why am I feeling homesick? It feels hollow and dead inside. The first week of talking to mom virtually was fine until we both got busy with our work and also because of the time zone. Though I talk to mom every night and morning but not as much as we used to.

I grabbed my notebook and pen to write mom a morning letter & poems. I don't send her these messages I write every morning because I am going to compile them and give them to her when I come back to the Philippines. I also design them and put polaroid pictures of myself on each page because I'd like her to see what I look like while writing her these. Sounds a bit narcissistic but I swear I am not, I only find it cute. My phone ting just as I finished writing and designing today's letter, I checked my phone and it was my kuyas texting on our sibling group chat and kuya Borgy changed the group chat name to No parents allowed just now.

Kuya Mike: Kuya Borgy, we are parents. Tina! We haven't heard from you! What's up?

Kuya Borgy: Oops, sorry. Kumusta? Cómo estás? Hello? Tina! Why aren't you texting us back🥺

Me: Ew, not that emoji. I only use that emoji to mom lol. Sorry for not replying early because I don't feel good mentally. Don't tell mom!

*Kuya Matt changed the group name to Imee's clones*

Kuya Matt: We don't snitch. Why what happened? Do you like the new name of the group?😎

Me: I do! I just miss all of you so bad and work made me so busy. Guess what?! I started seeing someone.

Kuya Matt: Are you deadass?!

Kuya Mike: BooOOo!

Kuya Borgy: As in dating? You are only 18! What are you talking about?

Me: a therapist actually. Don't tell mom! I don't want her to worry but I'll be fine!

I started seeing a therapist for the first time. It's the best thing I've ever done for my mental health and wellness. Even if you're "okay" it still helps. Being a human is a tough business. Anyway, I am so glad to talk to these giants but ended up talking about basketball and it bores me.