Chapter 6

Valentina's POV

"Auntie Tina! Look at me!" Mia walks en pointe towards me. Her hair is curly with a bow on her right hair that, combined with her tutu dress, makes her look like a ballerina on a music box, carefreely dancing with outstretched arms and legs.

I took her hand and gave her a twirl "Mi hermosa Mia!! Did the birds dress you this morning?"

We went out to buy Christmas gifts for the family & I took Mia & ate Cara with me. Mom is at work & also has errands so she cannot come Christmas shopping with us.

I'm looking for toys to give to the children at the toy store, while ate Cara is busy buying toys for her children and Mia has fallen asleep with the babysitter. I noticed a quarter machine with mysterious items that reminded me of what my papa used to buy me at the toy store or convenience store. My 5-year-old self was so desperate to get the slinkies and today we will make her happy and get her that slinky. And then boom! On my first try, I got the slinky.

"Ha! I got it!"

"You got it! It's time to tell your mom." A man whispers at my back and his voice gave me a nostalgic feeling.

I turned around and saw him. "Papa," I choke, but there is no sound. I try again, feel the vibrations in my throat, the movement of my tongue and lips, but still no sound.

"Valentina? Are you alright?" Ate Cara held my arm and was concerned.

"Oh, I am sorry. Yes, I am okay. Are you done?"
"You look so pale! What happened to you?" Ate Cara glances around furtively, then lowers her voice.

"You-know-what happened" I sink my teeth into my lip, fighting the drop in my chest. I know she's trying to help, but right now I almost regret telling ate Cara about what happened. I just want to go home.

"No, no more hallucinations of my dead father," I murmur.

Ate Cara squeezes my hand "Hey Tina? We will go home now mmkay?"

At home, I quickly shared a photo of myself and my mother on my social media, along with a caption explaining why I am with Imee Marcos. I broke the internet after hitting the post, and most people were happy, while some were unhappy for me, which I expected.

Minutes after I announced to everyone that Imee Marcos is my mom, Mom knocks on my door and lets herself in. She sits beside me on the bed.

"Mom? I lied to you- I am very sorry. Remember when I told you I am not ready to tell people that you are my birth mom because I was not ready. To be honest, I was ready but I got scared." I looked at her and she looked confused.

"Yeah? What do you mean scared?"

"I was scared to lose the job that I worked hard for almost a year. My agent said if I announce that I am part of this family, I'll prolly lose the role and that was very immature of me and them..." My phone ting and Kate messaged me that I just lost my job.

"And there it is, I got fired" I continued and put my head on mom's lap.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? Darling, I am so sorry you lost your job because of me, and thank you for choosing me over your job that means everything to mama," Mom says while running her fingers through my hair.

I sat and stared at her "I was going to tell you earlier but I let my ego stand in the way and no don't be sorry mom but you are not mad at me? I made you think you are an embarrassment."

"I am not lovely!! Why would I be mad? I am used to it, it's just sad that people think we are the bad people or enemies but we are not" She sighed.

"I know you are not! You are merely only just simply existing amongst many who are living. And how heavy it must sit in your chest, knowing that people think your family is the enemy. People may think your name is nobody's pulse but for me, you are filled with rhythm. They may think your love is nobody's medicine but for me, your love is the most medicating. I wish people could see through my eyes so they would see just how amazing and kind your family are." I said and my mom started sobbing and hugged me & rest her chin on the top of my head.

"You know, you are the first teenager who made me sob. Darling!! Your words are so special to me and everything about you is poetic. Your eyes contain an undiscovered ocean with water so pure it could heal a heart, Valentina." She said and kissed my forehead.

Loving her is watching the sky turn pink / reclaiming sunsets / replacing heartbreak with her favorite chocolate / listening to every song that made us happy / and pausing comedy specials when we're laughing too hard to hear / loving her is painless / and warm / always assured / and never a question.

--------------------------

Thank you beautiful people for reading Chapter 6<3
"It is your first time writing? But the words you use are so beautiful! They don't seem like first time."

I received this message 3 days ago and I just want to say that it's flattering hehe but maybe the reason why I write "beautifully" is because I write poems, they are also my coping mechanism and mga mare the beautiful words I use are how I describe manang Imee kaya mas maganda sayings ni Valetina🥲 Sometimes I don't think they make sense haha but really thank you so much for your never ending support<33