Chapter 2

Imee's POV

Valentina Del Castillo is my daughter?! I can't comprehend this, is this a dream? Is this real? Ano ang isasagot ko sa kanya?

Matt tapped my shoulder, and it startled me, "Hi mom! Are we still going out? to have lunch? I texted kuya Borgy and kuya Michael to meet us sa restaurant na."

"Yes, let's go. I also have something to tell you and your brothers." I stepped out of the house like a walking zombie and I know, Matt is getting curious.

"Are you okay mom? What is wrong?" He kept looking at me and asking me if I am alright.

"I am good anak, please just watch the road and no more questions. Thank you" I closed my eyes and que sera sera by Doris Day played on the radio, the song is soothing.

I saw Borgy and Michael from the windowsill of the restaurant and I suddenly feel anxious because I remember what Valentina said.

"Hi, mom! We've missed you! How have you been?" Borgy and Michael said.

"Busy as always but I am good naman-"

"But a while ago you don't seem good mom? You look like a mess kanina?" Matt barge in.

"Oh, thank you!" I sarcastically said. "I am good, let's eat! The food is delicious! Love it."

Borgy, Michael, and Matt know Valentina, but I never mentioned her when we lost contact with them. Perhaps, they don't want us to have contact with Valentina, but she is always in my thoughts. I can't keep her because her dad insists that he will take care of her for the sake of my career. After all, we already have a lot of problems, so Valentina's dad suggests keeping my pregnancy private.

"Hey mom? A while ago, you said you are going to tell us something? Right?" Matt said.

"Ah, yes I do, uh do you recall Valentina?" I squint.
Borgy lifts one shoulder in a shrug. "Uhh isn't she our little sister? Or am I just hallucinating? Why?"

"Yes, Valentina Del Castillo is your sister! I was so shocked because she messaged me, of course, she is a Hollywood star kaya I was dumbfounded, why would she message me? Then she said I am her birth mom alam niyo ba nag send pa siya ng photo of us! Me wearing a hospital gown? I don't know what to reply because I was devastated... I left her on read" I bit my lips and saw the boys confused.

"No way?! The baby you had 18 years ago is Valentina Del Castillo and you left her on read? You have to talk to her now mom! Don't keep her waiting." Michael said.

"I will boys." I smiled.

I don't have the guts to talk to her. Oh, Jesus take the wheel.

Valentina's POV

It's been 4 hours, and she hasn't replied. I hope she's okay. I spent my 4 hours stalking her family background, and wow, she is beyond smart.

Imee: I am so sorry for such a late reply. Valentina, I didn't expect you to look for me because your father and grandmother did not write back to me. I write continuously to you, but I don't receive any emails anymore. Thank you for reaching out to me. How have you been, sweetheart?

Tina: Oh, it is okay, senator Imee. My dad and grandmother got into an accident when I was a little girl. They passed away; that is why they never replied to your emails, and I never knew who my mom was until my dad gave me a box and there was you holding me. If papa was still alive, we would visit you; he had plans for my 18th birthday, but he is gone.

Imee: Oh, love! I am so sorry for your loss; if I only knew they were gone, I would take care of you! Also, belated happy 18th birthday, darling! You're 18? Wow, welcome to womanhood! However, you can visit the Philippines! We would love to have you here, and you can spend Christmas with us if you are free, but if not, that's fine. I know you are probably busy because you are a big star now! And please don't call me Senator Imee.

Tina: Thank you! It means the world. I surely will visit you soon! On Christmas? Am I even allowed to spend Christmas with the Marcoses? I don't want to gatecrash your holiday, senator Imee.

Imee: Of course, you are allowed! You are the VALENTINA DEL CASTILLO! Please come?

Tina: Thank you for the invitation. Okay, I'll come!

"Great papa, now I'll be the one to buy my plane ticket!" I thought it was on you. Just kidding." I whispered and sighed in relief.

I felt butterflies in my stomach after talking to her; she is beautiful inside and out. I don't know whether to call her mom or still Senator Imee, but she said don't call her that. I don't feel like calling her mom; if I did, it would be uncomfortable for her. Uhh, never mind. I'll still call her Senator Imee. I can't wait to meet the Marcoses, especially my birth mom.