ーthirty eight : strange

Today was the last day you guys were going to spend the night in the resort. Too bad you couldn't go swimming because of your period. Jett and Sage comforted you and said that they'll just fill up an inflatable pool with water and have a nice pool party back in the HQ.

"So, Brimstone, why did we go here again? Just to party?" Raze packed her bags and swung it over her shoulder after packing. "Well, let's say Killjoy and I got our headquarters a little makeover." Brimstone proudly grinned at the sky and crossed his arms. "...Suuuuure." Raze went on with her own business and left Brimstone alone.

"Is Chamber coming with us?" You asked Cypher who's face immediately dropped when you said the name of that person. "Mm. No. He's not coming with us but I think his kid will." Cypher rolled his eyes and took my backpack to put it in the back of the car.

"Thanks. Also, she's his niece..."

Viper paced back and forth, worrying about the email that was sent to her. "They are really, really testing my patience." Her poor pen was split into two due to the extremely great force she was applying on it. Oh boy, she was so full of rage that she wanted to start a killing spree right here, right now.

"God, what's taking them so long?!" Viper threw the broken pen towards the painted wall. Since she did not want any more things to get destroyed, she calmed herself down and went down to her laboratory where she kept all her experiments.

"What." Phoenix's mouth was wide open when he saw the headquarters. "What happened?" The guy was too flabbergasted to speak properly. The head quarter's new look also left your mouth agape. It was different from the old headquarters. This one was more... Futuristic looking. And this upgrade was done less than a week? "Damn, what kind of machinery do we got?" Again, the fire radiant was very captivated by the new look.

Even the rooms too. Automatic sliding doors... And what's with the automatic open fridge? "I mean... We're living in a futuristic world where cool airships exist? So this should be normal, right?" Yoru, who was following you quietly the whole time finally decided to give his thoughts.

"I'm kinda tired... I'll explore the headquarters later with you guys, I'm going to go and get some rest." You sighed and dragged your bags to your new room. The new design of the hallways and doors were pretty cool to you but you were just too tired to be so excited right now. I guess sitting while doing nothing really makes you tired.

You flopped down your bed. Good thing it still feels like before. Not even bothering to unpack your things, your heavy eyes closed themselves and rested. Suddenly, you saw your past.

You were with another guy. You were acting so friendly with this guy. This guy definitely was your best friend. You couldn't see his face but you could hear his voice, loud and clear.

"Ma'am Ping! Let's take a photo before you guys move away!" The guy waved at the old lady. Ping, huh. You remember someone with that name back when you were younger. An old woman who was always giving you free fruits and always scolding you for climbing up her very tall tree.

But the question here is who in the world is the guy you're with?

He seems so important yet not. Like a side character who's duty is to cheer the main character on and later disappears in the middle of the story. You couldn't remember what he looked like. But you were determined to find out.

You woke up. Great.

Yawning, you looked at your alarm clock. You only slept for an hour and twenty three minutes. That was a pretty short sleep considering how tired you were earlier but that'll do since you had more things to do than just sleep and be lazy.

You unpacked your things and put them back where they belong. While looking through your things that you've not touched ever since you moved into the headquarters, you found an old metal box. You opened it and found photos that were teared up. Some were still alright but most weren't in a good condition.

You stopped. Something about this day was just so off to you. Suddenly regaining few memories from the past in a dream, finding old things from when you were younger... You felt like something was wrong. Yet you ignored it, not wanting to put anymore stress to your brain.

"Brimstone is looking for you."

。。。

valentine's arts