ーone : hope

Jett

We successfully raided the laboratory that Cypher told us about. Apparently, he recently discovered that Kingdom has been performing some illegal experiments in a laboratory. He also mentioned that it's been going on for many years now so there might not be a lot of survivors. I clenched my fist as I run through the hallways of the place. My stomach churned the thought of people being forced to do something they don't want.

Thanks to Yoru and Phoenix's flashing abilities, we easily got past the entrance security. Now the problem was what to do with the mess here. The screams of the people echoed through the hallways and the siren was loud enough to break someone's eardrums.

"Jett, go check the other rooms. There might be other people in there too." I heard Yoru's voice from my earpiece. I wiped off the beads of sweat running down my forehead and proceeded to quietly walk down the undamaged hallways. The loud sound of pain and agony slowly fading.

There were a lot of rooms but none of them had people in them. What it had was the rotting smell of flesh and blood. What has Kingdom been doing in this laboratory? I shivered at the thought of it but decided to shrug it off.

Finally, I got to the last room which had a transparent side in it. It was as if to monitor someone. It was a woman in white, collapsed on the floor while heavily breathing. Her complexion looked very bad so I rushed in front of the glass window and tried to get her attention. 

She wore a dirty hospital gown and is barefoot. Is she one of the experimented people in here? I knocked on the glass but she didn't seem to hear it. One part of the glass had... Blood?

What happened here?

Our eyes finally met when she lifted her head up from the floor. 

My heart sunk when I saw her tired eyes. How long has she been there? "Yoru, Phoenix. I found a person here. Hurry up and finish your jobs, they look injured." I spoke through the mic that was connected to both of their earpieces. Hums of approval were heard from the other side.

"So... That girl is the survivor?" Yoru glanced at the girl who was still lying down. I nodded in approval. "How do we get that girl out of there? The door's locked!" Phoenix said while knocking on the metal door that was apparently locked.

"We break it." Confidently, Yoru shot the metal door which seems to have worked and alerted the girl inside. I saw her quickly shot up and sit up from her lying position. I could finally take a good look at her.

Tired eyes, messy hair. If she were a bit presentable then this girl will be pretty as heck! I know that Phoenix is pretty too but this girl is on a whole new level. Her body was shaking from the shock of Yoru's gunshots. "Yoru, you scared the girl!" I slapped his back while laughing awkwardly. Now that there was no one in this laboratory except for us, it's safe to talk with her right now.

"Hey... We're not gonna hurt you." I reassured the girl which seemed to have calmed her down a bit. Phoenix, on the other hand, was glaring at the girl. This guy is seriously trying to pick a fight with me. "Hey, Phoenix. Cut that out, won't you?" I called out. "Cut what out?!" He turned his head to me dumbfounded.

"You're glaring at her."

"Oh! I just... Thought that she really looks badass with those eyes."