ーtwenty nine : the outfit

"Fuck."

You laid down on your bed, thinking about some things. It has been a few weeks already since you came back home and you were settling in pretty quick. Your sprained ankle healed a few days ago so you finally get to walk around freely without anyone asking you about your ankle. It wasn't a bad day for you at all. It was just that you were annoyed from the heat of your surrounding.

Today was a hot day and there were no missions given to the agents. By chance, you heard about a new agent who got recruited in the protocol.

"I'm hot."(fr y/n, fr.) You blurted out of nowhere. The atmosphere around you started to get cold and icy. You've finally managed to control the atmosphere around you and you were proud of that. In that way, other agents won't have to complain about how the air around you is so cold.

You wondered how you should greet the new agent. You only heard bits of Brimstone and Viper's conversation about them. I don't even know if the new agent is a male or female... This sucks. You closed your eyes and imagined how the new agent will look like.

"Knock knock. Is (Y/n) here?" Jett called out from the other side of the door. "I'm here... Did you just say knock knock instead of actually knockiー" "Ahaha...! Snake lady is calling you. She said to meet her in the kitchen..." Jett immediately shut the door without saying anything else.

That was... Out of the ordinary.

Fixing my hair and checking my face on the mirror, I freshened myself up to meet the snake lady Jett was talking about. She said Viper was waiting in the kitchen so I made my way there. On the way, I ran into Omen who I met for the the first time in a while.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n)." Omen looked really under the weather. "If I was there then... You wouldn't have to suffer in Kingdom's place..." His voice was trembling. Instead of getting upset at him, I hugged him and comforted him. I don't want anybody to feel guilty because of me. I caressed Omen's back and hushed him. Although he was a bit taller than me, I could manage.

To be honest, he's like a cat to me. He is definitely more than just a shadow.

When I finished comforting him, I said goodbye and hurriedly made my way to the kitchen.

"You're late." Were the words I heard when I peeked my head in the kitchen. "Sorry, Sabine... I ran into Omen on the way here andー" "No need to explain. I'm not interested."

"Anyway, the reason why I called you here is to give you this." She handed me a maroon box that was medium in size. It was wrapped like a gift and it had a small note on it. "Open it in your room." Viper walked away from me and left me alone in the kitchen.

I scratched my head in confusion.

"She could've just gave me this in my room directly..." I sighed. Tired from walking, I grabbed myself a drink and sat on the chair near the counter to rest. I put the maroon box somewhere safe and where it won't be damaged.

While drinking my beverage, an arm suddenly swung around my neck. Because of instinct, I grabbed the arm around me and folded it into an awkward position and kicked the person on the knee to make them fall to the ground.

"(Y/n), what the hell?!" Yoru screamed in pain as I pinned him to the ground mercilessly. "Oh my god, Yoru you sick motherfucker, you should've made a noise first before swinging an arm on me like that!" I loosened my grip and helped him stand up from the kitchen floor.

"Fucking hell, now my back is sore." Yoru complained. I apologized but he won't forgive me and he started saying about how he'll eventually get revenge.

Ignoring the interaction me and Yoru made just now, I asked him what he wanted from me.

"Oh, I just wanted to tell you that the protocol is gonna go to the beach to relax and have fun the day after tomorrow." He complained about why he was the one assigned to tell me that wen Brimstone could've just told me about it himself.

Heh, I guess Brim was just too lazy.

"To relax and have fun on the beach... That sounds nice. I'll make sure to prepare for it in advance. Thanks for telling me, Mr. Know-it-All." I took the box Viper gave me and hurriedly left the room laughing and locked myself inside my room.

I could hear Yoru cursing in the kitchen. He's definitely gonna make me embarrass myself again next time.

I sat on the floor of my room and made myself comfortable. I grabbed the maroon box and examined it. First, I checked the note that was stapled on the box.

If you don't like it,
return it. I'm sure
Reyna doesn't mind
if you don't like her
taste of clothes.

ーSabine

I sweat dropped at the message and it felt more like a threatening note than a reassuring one. Based on the contents of the note, the thing inside this box should be clothes right?

What could be in this box...

I opened the mysterious carton container and almost lost my soul when I looked at the clothing inside of it.

"Um."

"So."

"Is this supposed to be a swimsuit...? Because this looks more like a lingerie to me." I silently muttered while slowly closing the box and hiding it in my closet.

。。。