ーseventeen : clones? memory? stress.

You were staring at the ceiling, laying down on your new bed. You closed your eyes and thought about what has happened so far.

You were sent on a scouting mission with Omen and somehow got abducted because the backup was late. You met the Viper clone and she was really spitting venom out there. You also met one of the higher-ups of Kingdom, codename Storm.

You had not heard the door opening since you were busy daydreaming. A thud of the wooden chair beside your bed brought you back to consciousness. "Hello, (Y/n)."

Cypher was there, with a plate full of your favourite fruits. "Don't worry, they're not poisoned." He silently stated. This man was awkward to be with since you're very close with the original Cypher.

"So. How's your bedroom?" He questioned. You stared at him, annoyed. "Why do you even want to know? It's not like you can understand what I feel anyway. You're a just a lowly clone." You replied coldly.

Cypher stood up and glared down at you. You couldn't see his face but you could tell that he was frowning. "You know nothing, (Y/n). Nothing. I thought you were better than that. " He looked furious and left the room in a hurry.

You were told that clones don't have feelings. But were they wrong about that? Maybe clones do have feelings. And maybe they're human too.

You sat up, scratching your head in frustration. Staring at the plate with fruits, you felt guilty for insulting Cypher like that. You thought that maybe you should apologise later when you get the chance.

You ate the fresh fruits and laid back down again. You were already bathed and full so what else can you do now?

Sleep, of course.

You shifted into a comfortable position and pulled your blanket towards you. Though it was still afternoon, you were really tired from all that has been happening. You thanked the heavens that your abductors are nice enough to give you your own room.

The thought of escaping the place was too dangerous. When you looked through the windows of the place, it seemed that the building you were in was located in the middle of nowhere.

Your eyelids were heavy and you couldn't keep them open now. For a moment, you thought that maybe just sleeping forever would help you ease the stress.

"(Y/n), we're so sorry." A[n] (h/c)-haired woman held the half conscious teen tight. The man beside her pulled out the syringe and injected it to the teen's arm.

There was a moment of silence before the side effects kicked in. The teen screamed in pain as her palms were beginning to freeze. It was painful. It made her numb. She couldn't feel anything but pain.

Just pain.

The room temperature started to drop drastically. A man in a black suit watched from afar. 'This is probably one of my greatest experiments recorded...' He thought while taking a sip of his hot coffee.

"(Y/n) (L/n). Codename, Frostbite. She will help us with our plans. Make sure to take care of her."

You woke up, with cold sweat on your forehead. You hadn't noticed but the whole room was freezing. "What was that..." Breathing heavily, you struggled to see what was in the room.

When you were finally calmed down, you gasped at the sight in front of you. The whole room, frozen and cold. How did you not feel cold? Maybe because you had cold resistance? But this didn't happen when you were in Russia...

"(Y/n)?! Are you in there?!" Cypher's voice echoed from the other side of the door. He couldn't open it since there was thick ice blocking the door. What in the world was happening? Of course, you had no idea.

"I'm..here. I'm alright." Somehow, you really couldn't feel hostile towards this Cypher. It was almost like he's the same Cypher you know.  You hear a faint 'thank god' from the other side. Your lips formed a little smile.

You slapped your cheeks. What were you thinking? He is part of Kingdom and Kingdom is your enemy. You shouldn't get soft because of someone like him.

Cypher

I knocked on the door once but there was no answer. Then, there was sudden change in the temperature. The air became cold and it felt like the Arctic here.

The cold air was coming from inside (Y/n)'s room so out of instinct, I banged on the door and asked if she was there inside. Surprisingly, she answered. After what happened earlier...

"Thank god..."

I totally forgot that she's an ice-type agent. If I were to go and solo battle her, I'd become an ice statue.

I stood in front of her door, thinking about her. What was her childhood like? What does she think of me? Is she close with the other Cypher?

Why am I even thinking about this. Focus, Aamir. You need not another distractions from your work.

I still can't stop thinking about her. She's not the (Y/n) you know, Aamir. Pull yourself together.

。。。