ーthirty : K.O.

The next day, you woke up feeling very different like usual. It must've been just your imagination so you paid it no mind.

During breakfast with the other agents, you noticed that some were clearly excited about something while some were tired and unhappy today.  You wondered what was wrong. You tried to ask Jett, Yoru, and Phoenix but they just dodged the question.

After breakfast, you went to Sage's office and asked what was going on with everyone today. Fortunately, Sage was kind enough to tell you that the new agent would be arriving today. And Killjoy will be accompanying them too.

You personally haven't met Killjoy but you've talked to her on the phone a few times. She seemed like a positive person that you could get along pretty well so you didn't mind her visiting here at all.

Sage said that they will arrive around 2-3 PM. Since it was still morning, you decided to visit the indoor range that your Uncle Breach built for you while you were away from the protocol.

You grabbed a (gun of choice) and examined it. You aimed it at the robotic mannequin and fired. One bullet wasn't strong enough to break the mannequin so you shot it once again causing the poor robot to collapse.

You looked around you.

Seeing that no one was near the range and no fragile things were near you, you decided to test out something with your abilities.

Mimicking Jett's signature knife attacks, you summoned three icicles that were sharp enough to go through skin. Although making the icicles were a real pain in the ass, you endured it and manipulated them so they could go towards the robotic targets.

It tired you a little but you could still manage.

Exhausted from summoning icicles, you sat down the nearby bench and cooled yourself down. You were about to fall asleep when suddenly, Cypher made an announcement for all agents to gather in the conference hall.

Startled by the sudden sound, you stood up and yawned. After stretching your muscles a little bit, you made your way to the conference hall which wasn't that far away from the place you were in.

It has been a while since you last saw Cypher so you sprinted your way to the meeting place. Since you didn't have a phone, (the agents from Kingdom forgot to give it back to you) you couldn't contact Cypher nor anyone from the protocol who were out.

Arriving at the conference room, you saw Cypher talking to your uncle and Brimstone. You called his name and waved at him. (Breach was sad that you didn't try to get his attention first.) Cypher excused himself from Breach and Brimstone and made his way towards you.

You asked him how he's been doing. "I've been doing well, sweetheart. What about you? I heard you injured your ankle? What did those Kingdom shits did to y-" "Hey, did you just swear?"

There was silence between the two of you before you burst into laughter. It was the first time you heard Cypher swear and it was amusing.

When you were about to tell him about your missing phone, Brimstone signalled everyone to pay attention. It was all clear for everyone that the new agent will be introduced to us now.

Everyone settled down and sat on the empty seats in the room. As much as you wanted to sit with Jett and the others, you decided to sit beside Cypher today.

The door opened and Killjoy walked in. She was telling someone from outside to be confident and not shy. What everyone saw next wasn't expected.

A robot stepped into the room with the company of Killjoy. A robot that looked like one of those training dummies you were mercilessly abusing earlier. You felt awkward now.

"A robot?" Jett was the first one to speak.

"Hello. My name is KAY/O. It is a pleasure to finally meet all of you. I hope we can make a good team."

"K... What now...?" You whispered to yourself. You turned to see Cypher's reaction and he seemed interested in... It...? Him?

"Oh and if you're robophobic, that's not my problem, it's yours." KAY/O crossed his arms.

。。。