I

Although Rainer had hoped that he would not have to sharpen his weapon all indications were that jarl Otto had left him no choice.

"Another corpse. This time, it's the last one. "

You see, jarl Otto had obliged to inform Rainer if jarl Magnar tried to contact Otto in any way. Otto did not do so. What's more, Otto took the Jarl Magnar under his roof and they were probably already feasting and drinking alcoholic beverages based on honey when they struck a bargain. An agreement as to the conditions under which Otto would betray and hand Rainer over to Magnar.

Rainer rested his heavy, massive and muscular wolf hands on his huge, two-handed axe, which was decorated with numerous ancient runes. The man used only this weapon. He knew that by wielding this weapon in his hands, he would put his opponent in fear and powerlessness. This was due to the fact that Rainer was famous for his unheard of strength, and combined with the impact of his axe, he could easily shatter the shields of his opponents into tiny splinters. It was also often the case that the moment the axe struck, the opponent's sword would fall to the ground at once with his entire arm. This brown-skinned wolf, with numerous scars on his chest and face, was a terror to all enemies he encountered. It was not only his undeniable strength that led to this. For everyone within a hundred miles knew of Rainer, whose lust for vengeance and determination to exact it was a man who would stop at nothing. The urge to murder Magnar.

The tall wolf drew cold winter air into his lungs and then stretched his broad shoulders a bit

The tall wolf drew cold winter air into his lungs and then stretched his broad shoulders a bit. It was just beginning to get cold, but the thick brown fur covering his entire body meant that Rainer was not afraid of the cold and winter wind. The man was always resistant to unfavorable conditions. In recent years, he had become even more accustomed to the cold, because he did not often get to sleep under a covered roof. But Rainer knew that the final hour of his banishment had come. Revenge on the murderer of his only loved ones was about to be exacted.

- Quite the wait Rainer. - Said his companion as he approached the lone wolf watching the area. - Magnar, Otto, and the rest of that damn bunch are sure to be completely drunk by now.

- Let's wait another hour, Thorstein. - Answered Rainer looking down from the hill at the small settlement located between the trees covered with a layer of white and fluffy snow.

- You don't have to convince me, Rainer. - Said Thorstein the lynx, who at that moment reflexively put a toothpick between his teeth. - Tell that to the rest of the company who are freezing.

- Tell them that this is the last hour of their wait. After splitting some heads, they will drink and eat to their heart's content at Magnar and Otto's expense.

- Many of them will not live to see this feast. - A worried lynx remarked.

- We may not live to see it, either. - Rainer replied in a dispassionate tone of voice.

- I hope you're wrong. You yourself know what you promised me, and yet as a corpse you will not become a jarl, and nothing to me of your promises then. - Laughed aloud his friend, who then put his hand on Rainer's shoulder.