/ Ten | Downtime \

Start from the beginning

"Brianna?"

"I'm back! Did you miss me?"

"Bruce gave you the okay?"

"Mhmm. Gotta keep an eye out still, you know, being careful, but I'm free to go home."

"That's great. But, first we have a stop to make."

He threw on his jacket as he went out the door. I followed behind him, waiting expectantly for him to explain further. But he didn't, so I spoke up.

"And where are we going?"

"Bruce wanted me to deliver something to the Flash," he explains, showing me a small package he held in his hand.

"And why do you have to do it?"

"It's the Flash. Nobody knows his identity, except us and Bruce is busy. Plus, I made it."

"Right, right."

I shrugged on the black leather jacket I had been carrying with me over my red sleeveless sweater. It really felt like I was apart of this world now, considering I wore the same thing almost every day, this and my hero outfit.

I hopped on my black motorbike, a helmet shoved onto my head, while Easton hopped in his car with the package.

"Hey, East, race ya," I say.

"Don't race people, its dangerous," he told me, but I didn't hear him because I was already pulling away from the curb at full speed.

||Central City
||August 27, 20:05 CST

I stopped in front of the house, waiting for my brother to show up. When he finally arrived, I walked to the door and knocked as he got out of the car. Barry's wife, Iris, answered the door with a smile, glancing over my shoulder to see Easton.

"Come in."

She ushered us in and I noticed all the balloons and the happy birthday banner hanging on the wall. Today had to have been Jay's birthday. Easton headed over to Barry, handing him the package. I stood in the background, waiting silently.

"Hey, beautiful," I heard.

"Oh no. Wally's spotted me," I sighed. "And I was hoping to make this a quick trip so I could go back to my own room and sleep in my own bed."

"Don't act like Noire."

"Don't have to tell me twice."

He stood in front of me, looking me up and down. I gave him a nervous smile and loudly cleared my throat, giving my brother a signal of discomfort. He instantly got the hint, coming over and turning Wally around to face him. Wally looked very intimidated, quickly stepping away from me.

"Welp, that's all, have a nice time you guys," Easton says as we both started walking towards the door, but we were stopped.

"Hold on. Who's this lady you got with you?" Jay asks.

"This is my sister, Brianna," Easton answers. I waved at them, saying a shy hi.

"Why don't you stay for dinner and some desert? We have ice cream," Wally's mom, Mary, turned to the kitchen to see Wally stuffing his face with ice cream. "Cake?"

"Oh, we couldn't intrude," Easton says.

"Nonsense, there's plenty to go around. The more the merrier."