forty five

The next morning you wake up to Bokuto's phone ringing. You shake him gently until his eyes open part of the way. It takes him a second, but when he realizes that his phone is going off he curses under his breath and reaches for the phone.

"Yo, what is it?" he grumbles tiredly.

"You busy?" Kenma's voice asks quietly over the phone.

Bokuto looks over at you with a smile on his face. "No," he replies. "We just woke up. What time is it."

"3 pm."

"No way!" Bokuto gasps, watching as you sit up to look at the clock on the nightstand. You can hardly believe it, but it really is that late. "How long have you guys been up for? You shoulda called us sooner!"

"First of all we just got up now, but none of us wanted to call you two! We didn't know what we'd be interrupting!" Kenma complains.

"Whatever," Bokuto sighs. "Are the girls awake?"

"Dunno. They might be sleeping still. They didn't answer the phone, Kuroo said."

"Should we meet up with them for lunch or something?" you whisper to Bokuto.

"Well since we're up now, should we grab something to eat?" Bokuto then repeats.

Kenma leaves him on a brief hold for a moment before asking Kuroo, but eventually comes back with an answer. "Yes, let's meet up downstairs in an hour."

A little under an hour later, you and Bokuto walk out of the hotel room with your hand in his. When you get downstairs to the others, it takes them a fraction of a second to notice.

Bokuto does his best to avoid the subject. "How'd you guys sleep?" he asks.

"Pretty good surprisingly," Kenma nods.

"What about you two?" Akaashi asks innocently, forgetting what he's about to pull the conversation into.

"Don't ask them that, you perv!" Kuroo whispers as he nudges Akaashi's shoulder.

"Sorry," Akaashi begins to apologize until you smile and answer his question for him.

"It's alright. I guess we slept well apparently since we woke up so late!"

As Akaashi nods thankfully for your answer, Hotaru and Saeko approach the group. It's then time to head out for lunch.

While you're sitting in a booth at a nearby diner, Hotaru strikes up a plan for the group's next moves.

"Since we woke up so late, we'll have to head back right after this. It's going to be a long ass ride so the sooner we leave, the better," she explains.

Bokuto sighs, obviously not ready to go home, and to be completely honest, you're not ready to go back either.

"Is there anything else we can do before we return?" you ask Saeko, who shrugs and takes a moment to think about it.

"There's probably a bunch of campsites along the way. We could stay at one if you guys had fun last time. But besides that I can't really think of anything else," she thinks aloud.

"I vote for camping!" Bokuto beams.

You agree, too, and so do the others. So after lunch you run right back up the elevator to your room with Bokuto in tow.

"I'm going to miss it here," you sigh as you zip up your bag.

Bokuto smiles happily as he takes a step closer to you. "Maybe we can come back one day, just the two of us since apparently there is a mixed-gender spring!"

"I'd love to do that with you," you hum at the thought of taking another trip with him. You then wrap your arms around his neck and lean up to kiss him softly. "I had fun on this trip," you whisper honestly. "Despite how nerve-wracking and scary it was half the time, it turned out alright."

"I can't agree more," he replies between kisses. "It was worth getting to spend all this time with you."

Once your belongings are packed up, you head back to the RV. Bokuto grabs your backpack for you and tosses it up onto the loft. When the two of you turn around, Hotaru's standing right behind you smiling like a little kid.

"How was your night," she asks innocently as she hands Bokuto her bag, hoping he'll help her out, too.

You smirk knowing two can play at that game. "How was your night?" you hum.

"Great," she beams. "And yours?"

"It was great, too."

Hotaru winks at you as she then walks away to take the driver's seat. You then explain to Bokuto that you're going to go sit beside her and plant a small kiss on his cheek before waving and walking away to do so.

"Oh hey there, Y/N," Hotaru smiles. "Long time no see!"

You roll your eyes as you click your seatbelt into place and grin. "Thanks for your advice," you whisper so the guys in the back won't hear. "Everything went really well."

"Good," she smiles as she looks over at you. "I'm glad you had fun."

"Thanks, me too."

"I'm so happy for you," she sighs as she puts the car in reverse to pull out of the parking spot. "You deserve a good boyfriend and you've been pining over him for way too long."

"Yeah, yeah," you chuckle. "Just focus on driving."

Hotaru smiles as she begins to drive slowly out of the parking lot. "You just sit back and relax and let Ms. Hotaru guide you to your next destination."

You grin as you lean your head back and let out a relaxed breath. It feels so good to finally have everything going right. You've got no broken bones to look after or money to regain. Everything is going smoothly and you're happy that you've got nothing to worry over.

You chat with Hotaru for awhile, laughing over literally nothing half of the time until your eyes begin to betray you and Hotaru tells you to take a nap. With the promise that she'll wake you up if she begins to fall asleep, you agree and ask her to let you know when you arrive.

 With the promise that she'll wake you up if she begins to fall asleep, you agree and ask her to let you know when you arrive