one

Through weary eyes, you squint into the blinding bright light before you. You slowly adjust to the white glow, recognizing that the sun's beaming down its bright blaze down onto you.

As you lift your arm in front of your face to blow the rays, you check the watch on your wrist. It's 11:00 am. You then turn your head to the side to find that you're at a motel pool.

Why the hell am I still here?! Did I pass out last night?

Unhurriedly, you begin to sit up. As you do, a pounding breaks out in your head.

"Ouch!" you gasp as you place your hand to your head.

You then begin to look around. Deflated balloons, a volleyball net, pool floats, plastic cups, and glowsticks are sprawled out in the small pool yard of the motel party your group decided to crash last night.

When you look to your other side, you're started to see that Bokuto is laying right beside you, cuddled up against the warmth of your lap. How hadn't you noticed that until now?

As you gaze down at him you take in his disheveled appearance. His clothes are a bit out of place, his shirt riding up his torso, and his hair is more of a mess than Kuroo's.

"What the hell happened to us?" his voice breaks out as his eyes begin to open against the blinding light.

As he looks up, you notice red lipstick smeared on one of his cheeks. Your eyebrows furrow together in confusion when you see the mark. You rub your lips against one of your fingers. No lipstick. It definitely wasn't yours.

"Uh, Bo, you got something on the side of your face," you tease as you point to your cheek.

Bokuto hurriedly rubs the back of his hand onto his cheek. His eyes widen as the evidence of red liquid smears onto his hand. He then looks at you for a moment before bashfully turning away.

"Man, you're an idiot for letting whoever was kissing you get away," you laugh. "It sure wasn't me."

You then lay back down on the concrete ground beside him. Though it's really not on purpose, you're now quite a bit closer to his face than you were before. It makes you wonder, did you really pass out with him like this? Why?

Suddenly, the sound of something being thrown wooshes past you with a small bit of wind. You look over at Bokuto and see that a towel has been thrown at his face. Just as you're about to laugh, a towel is then thrown at your face, too. When you pull it off, you find Akaashi and Kenma standing over you with serious looks on their faces.

"You two idiots really look like hell," Akaashi comments.

"That's for sure," Kenma adds, stealing your attention. You then notice that in his hand he's got a third towel.

"Who's that for?" you ask.

Kenma sighs as he looks out across the pool. "Kuroo."

"Huh? Where is Kuroo?" Bokuto wonders aloud.

"We have no idea," Akaashi responds, a bit pissed.

"How about Hotaru?"

"She's sleeping in the camper," Akaashi then adds. As he does, Kenma begins to walk away to find Kuroo.

Akaashi holds out his hand to Bokuto and helps him stand up. Once he's got his balance, he turns around to you and helps you up.

"You two should go back to the trailer. We'll join you once we find Kuroo."

Bokuto yawns and wraps his arm around you. He places a good bit of his weight on you, almost more than your own tired body can bear to handle.

"I'm counting on you," he sighs as he drops his head against the side of yours, now whispering in your ear. "Make sure I don't fall asleep on the way back."

You roll your eyes at his little command but start on your walk back to the RV.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" Bokuto asks quietly, obviously struggling to stay away.

You shake your head. "You should remember, dummy. You're the one who wanted to go to this party so damn badly!"

"Aw, come on, Y/N. It was Kuroo's idea, too!"

Suddenly, a familiar voice chimes in. "What was my idea?"

The two of you look to your side where you find Kuroo in a pair of red shorts that he'd been wearing the night before. The rest of his clothes are probably in a pile that only God knows the location of. He stands beside a vending machine, about to put some money in when his attention is stolen by the two of you.

"Where were you last night?!" you ask him.

"I woke up this morning in one of the pool floats in the pool," he shrugs. "Seemed like it was the theme since the two of you were passed out together over there, too."

"If you saw us why didn't you bother waking us up," you sigh.

"I just wanted to give you two lovebirds the time to cuddle since you looked so comfortable sleeping on top of each other," he says with a smug grin.

"Don't say shit like that," you lecture as you nudge him in the arm. "Someone might end up taking your stupid comments the wrong way one of these days."

"You're so dense, Y/N," he sighs. "It was meant for you to take it the wrong way, obviously."

Kuroo then looks over at Bokuto who's abnormally silent. You don't bother passing him a glance, though, as you pull his arm off of you and stand beside Kuroo at the vending machine.

"Make some room," you tell him. "I'm hungry as hell. Bo, you want something?"

"No," he responds quickly.

Kuroo then walks to Bokuto and throws his arm around his friend.

"We'll see you back at the camper, Y/N!" he waves as he walks away.

What weirdos, you think to yourself as you place your money into the machine. Seriously, I'm starving. I can't remember the last time I was this hungover...

 I can't remember the last time I was this hungover