seventeen

On your walk to the grocery store, you make sure to stick extra close to Bokuto. You aren't going to flat out admit it to him, but you are a bit nervous from this ghost-like town and not having a phone is honestly just making it worse.

"Did this place really look this empty when we came in yesterday?" you ask him.

"Honestly... I wasn't really paying all that much attention. I was just on the lookout for the motel," he admits.

You sigh at the fact you were duped so easily. "I can't believe we got played."

"I can," Bokuto scoffs. "That Kin guy was super sketchy. He totally took your phone."

You shake your head in disbelief of the entire situation. "I agree but my phone isn't really what I'm worried about. We're so far from home and have no means of getting back without waiting for Saeko if she even can come!"

Bokuto notices the sad look on your face and frowns. He then gently wraps his arm around you, pulling your side closer against him. "Don't get down, okay? We'll be fine, I promise. But I'm glad you're not worrying about your phone 'cause I'll do everything I can to make sure you don't get lost as long as I'm around!"

"Thanks," you reply with a soft smile before resting your head on his shoulder as you continue your walk. "We're all just idiots for falling for their trap."

"Yeah, probably, but it's going to make for an interesting road trip to say the least!" he laughs.

You chuckle but shake your head at the poorly timed joke. However, as you then turn a corner and see the sign to a supermarket, both of your attentions are stolen away. Bokuto grabs you by the hand and whisks you towards the building. You run past the large, glass automatic doors only to stop and look around for any sign of life. Bokuto, looking the opposite way of you, spots a cashier and pulls you in that direction.

Once you're pulled towards him, you spot a man with light brown hair, round glasses, and a patchy scruffy beard looking down at his phone obviously bored out of his mind in the empty store.

"Hey, you! Yeah, glasses! You know a red-haired girl named Akane?! Or a douche with black hair called Kin?!" he shouts.

"No," the worker sighs. "You must be new here, huh?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" you interrupt.

"Oh, hey, girl. I didn't see you behind your titan friend here."

"The hell?!" Bokuto growls. "She asked you a question!"

The worker fixes his glasses. "This is a small town and I haven't seen either of you before," he explains.

"You're right," you reply as politely as you can, trying to maintain composure towards this asshole. "We were at a party last night and got robbed!"

The man's eyebrows lift as though he was intrigued, though his answer says he couldn't care less. "Oh?" 

Suspicious, you think to yourself. That's it. This asshat is obviously hiding something. I'm hungry as hell and if I don't get answers soon I'm gonna punch him in the face.

"Look-" you say as you grab onto the worker's white button down shirt and glance over at his nametag. "Look, Junichiro, we don't know what the hell is going on here but if you know where our fucking belongings are you better tell us!"

Bokuto stands up tall and hovers right behind you, looking straight down at Junichiro as if to reiterate what you've just said without using words. The worker looks away and casually avoids eye contact with him.

"I don't know what you're talking about now let me go."

"Listen, you pig. It's painfully obvious to both of us that there's something you aren't sharing. My friend here is a professional volleyball player so if you don't answer to me you're going to have to talk to him next! Where the hell is our stuff?!"

Bokuto nods in agreement with you and maintains his composure. Junichiro quirks a brow at your statement and catches you off guard by looking directly at you.

"That sounds like a threat, girly."

"Oh? And what are you gonna do about it? Call the freaking cops? There's nobody around?!" you shout.

Junichiro simply rolls his eyes. "I don't know what you want from me. I'm just a goddamn cashier."

"I already told you we want to know where our shit is!" you grumble.

"Fine," he sighs. "When did you two freaks get here?"

"Last night," you tell him. "Saturday."

"That's enough," he then scoffs as he pulls himself out of your loosened grip after he'd gotten your guard down. "The two of you are obviously delirious."

"What?"

"What do you mean we're delirious?" Bokuto asks.

"Huh?! Delirious means-"

"I know what it means!" Bokuto shouts to interrupt the jackass of a cashier. "I want to know why you're calling us that!"

"Yesterday was Sunday, you idiots. Today is Monday so you've got your dates mixed up. I wouldn't be here if it was Sunday anyway."

You and Bokuto look at each other as Junichiro grumbles the last portion of his comment.

"What, but, we woke up at the motel this morning..." you whisper in shock.

"Hm? Motel?" Junichiro asks with a bit more interest than originally. "Which motel?"

"The Jade Spring Motel."

 "Ah, man, too bad," he sighs as he turns off his phone and tucks it into his back pocket. "My shift's over, sorry guys but I'm going home."

"You better not leave Junichiro!" Bokuto shouts. "Or we- we'll just follow you home!"

"Bo?! What the-"

"You idiots. If you get on my bad side I'm not gonna tell you shit. And you better stop calling me Junichiro. It's just Jun!"

"Okay, Jun," you say calmly to tone down the tension in the room. "So do you think you can help us out?"

"Man, I really didn't wanna get caught up in all of this..." he grumbles as he turns to begin walking away.

"All of what? You're the only one who can tell us what's going on!" Bokuto explains loudly.

"Please, Jun. We'll be in your debt just help us get our things so we can leave this place!"

Jun sighs and turns around, sizing the two of you up. "You two don't even look like swingers. What the hell was a couple like you doing at that party anyway?"

You take a small step away from Bokuto, not realizing that he does the same after noticing how close the two of you had been standing together.  

"We aren't together," you shake your head. "We went with friends."

"Alright," Jun nods. "Buy me a bag 'a chips and take me to your 'friends' and I'll explain everything."

"Alright!" Bokuto exclaims. "Think we can buy some groceries first?!"

Jun fixes his glasses. "Yes, but hurry the hell up."

"