ARC 4.1: THE HYMN OF YEARNING

Chapter Status: Unedited

(A/N: All the following chapters—except special chapters and unless stated otherwise—will be on our MC's point of view.)

Sensing that the transfer is finish, I opened my eyes and looks around at the infinite space where everything started.

It's been three lifetimes since I started finding brother Qingshan's soul fragments and it also made me watched him die before me for the fourth time.

It's going to take a long time for me to bring him back, and the farewells are going to be painful but I need to bring him back, I'll make sure to bring him back.

Start upgrade.

I commanded as I sat towards the main control of my system, Kuai.

[Upgrade is now starting...]

[New programs are now installing...]

[System upgraded...]

[System restarting...]

I watched carefully the changes of the system because I need it to be perfect in order to safely bring brother back. 

[Welcome to the system.]

After the system finished upgrading, I immediately search the programs that I needed. Few minutes after going through the new programs, I saw it. 

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐌 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃

[𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬] 

[𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥) 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧]

 [𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 (𝐎𝐎𝐂) 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥]

......

 [𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 - 𝐧𝐞𝐰]

 [𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 - 𝐧𝐞𝐰]

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

With these programs I can create a new identity I wanted, although it is not important program, I still want to have an identity I really can call my own. From the past worlds, I always entered a body of someone and it always make me feel that I'm stealing their life from them so I wanted the system to upgrade so I could create an identity for me, and maybe an identity that can help me better. 

There's also the skill creation program, although I don't need it now but it can help me in the future so I wanted to have it.

Start preparing for the next world.

[Understand, master. Please choose your chosen identity for the next world.]

What type of world I'm going next?

[It's a ancient Chinese setting, master.]

I quickly entered what I want in the system, then after a few minutes Kuai informed me that we can transfer now to the next world.