ARC 1.4: HEALING FROZEN HEART

Qin Yongzheng took Meng Liqin into the back forest. When he wandered here earlier, he's sure that it's not supposed to look like this! The place that supposed to be dark now, is lighted with LED lights. If you look closely, you could see some fireflies scattered around. There's also a new manmade path created with little stones. How can they do did in a short time!? What happened in the manor feels like a minute!

(A/N: I'll call Jin Xiu, Meng Liqin from now on, for you guys do not get confused while reading. I'll also do the same on the next arcs, okay now, continue reading~ (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ )

Meng Liqin did not bother to ask where they're going. He just followed the other, not releasing their interlocking hands. They continue walking until they arrived at some lake.

The lake is glowing brightly because of the moonlight. The stars blinking as a greeting to them. There are torches installed near the shore to illuminate the place. The place itself is beautiful, but right now everything is just so breathtaking.

Qin Yongzheng guided Meng Liqin near shore. Only then he realized, there's a table and chair placed there.

After settling, they just sat there looking at each other. Their interlocking hands are still connected, bringing warmth to each other.

After few times of hesitations, Qin Yongzheng manned up and started a conversation.

"You...do you remember when we first met?" He nervously asked.

Meng Liqin smiled at him and nod. He just let him talk. Meng Liqin's afraid that if he interrupts him, he'll get stressed again. Having a negative psychological capacity makes it hard for Qin Yongzheng to open up, so he let him speak, he just sat there listening to him while playing their interlock hands.

These past few weeks they've been interacting, Qin Yongzheng already can start a conversation. Although he'll always hesitate to bring up a suggestion or topic, Meng Liqin noticed those little changes.

On that chilly night, under the moonlight, two of them are engrossed in their own world. One of them would talk and the other listens.

At first, everything is just about reminiscing their memories with each other, but when Qin Yongzheng cries Meng Liqin started to get worried.

Meng Liqin tried to wipe the tears falling from that emerald eyes but Qin Yongzheng shook his head and told him to just listen quietly.

"I'm not perfect Qin'er, I have a lot of faults, I'm not strong enough, I'm too broken to fix, so loving me was just losing yourself," Looking at Qin Yongzheng's crying face, Meng Liqin's heart started to hurt. His lover's tears will always be his weakness.

Both of them are aware of their feelings, but they are also afraid to speak up.

Meng Liqin took a breathe and gather his courage to confess, smiling while the shining tears on his crystal blue eyes started to fall.

Meng Liqin looked into Qin Yongzheng's glistening emerald ones, all he could see was sorrow and pain, gone the perfect alpha this world made him be, he wants to continue to hold his hand, he wants to guide him out of that darkness, that darkness he caged himself in, gathering the courage to hug other.

Unknowingly the wall of ice separating the two of them started to melt, creating a path towards their hearts, "Hey love...it's okay...that's okay...it's okay to feel lost... it's okay to be broken... it's okay to feel hurt, but you know, you can always speak up when you're tired, because it's okay to take a break too, there's no perfect human in this world. I was not perfect myself, I'm also not strong as others, but loving you was not losing myself, but finding my heart, finding my reason to fight once more. We may not be perfect, but we still have a lot of time to learn, you don't need to be perfect to love others, you don't need to be your best self every time just because that's they want you to be, you're human, remember that"

Qin Yongzheng nodded and lean closer to Meng Liqin. Meng Liqin saw him close his eyes, he stroke Qin Yongzheng's hair and whispered to him.

 "Our journey together has just started my love, we can't give up that easily right? We may be broken souls, however, that's when we're alone. But together we're perfectly imperfect"

With the gleaming moon as their witness, two broken souls combined and become flawless.

"Let's go home, love. We don't want to catch a cold, hmm?" Meng Liqin flashed out a smile at him. Seeing the other nodded, they interlock their hands again and walked back to the manor.

Qin Yongzheng silently guides him back. But if you look closely, there's a small smile plastered on his red kissable lips.

Seeing that the others are already asleep, or from their thought, they headed straight into Qin Yongzheng's room. They showered, separately, of course, Qin Yongzheng still can't handle too much intimacy. Meng Liqin took a note of that and made sure that when Qin Yongzheng's already okay he'll make him pay for the lack of intimacy.

In the middle of the night, all you could hear was the soft breathing of two people.