ARC 3.11: CHILD OF LIGHT

Chapter Status: Unedited

"Are you sure you're fine? You still look ghostly, " Morrigan said as she worriedly looked at me.

"I'm really fine, your majesty. I just need a short rest." I answered as I looked outside the window of my office.

Seeing the peaceful scenery and smiling citizens of the empire made me remember what happened two years ago.

After the demon emperor died, we stopped the illusion and talked with the officials and other people who are affected by the illusion. We explained the real situation and it shocked not just them but the other empires when they heard about it. It was a lot of work not just because of the effect but also the people who got involved with the plan of Joaquim. 

Lillian, together with three candidate were apprehended when they tried to run. Their powers and title are also completely stripped off. After that, I never heard about them again.

After learning about my powers, the temple also gave me the title of saint. It's burdensome but I still accepted it, after all helping others will never be wrong.

Furthermore, just three weeks ago Zachariah was crowned as the new emperor after empress Morrigan temporary took the throne to calm the anxious nobles. They were anxious because of the curse of Zachariah, they were scared of him becoming the second demon emperor, however after removing the curse they accepted him as the next emperor that made my blood boil.

And that coronation also gave me a lot of work. All I know that Zachariah is going to be emperor but no one told me that he's going to crown me as lord empress, a title that  signifies someone who is on the same level as the emperor, in other words, his betrothed. I was shocked because during the incident the temple didn't get the chance to announced the crown prince fiancé, however I calmed myself and accepted it. After all I also knew that it's going to happen anytime, even without announcing my relationship with Zachariah after the incident, many people already noticed it, and maybe waited for us to publicly announced it.

Although I was crowned together with Zachariah, it is not marriage. That's why after the coronation, people that Zachariah contacted about our wedding completely surrounded me and asked what I want to prepare. I was perplexed but still gave my opinion.

Then two weeks ago, I met my father again. Yes, again.

My father, Grand Duke Harduinis, left his territory to give me the stone that we used. Yes, he's that someone who gave me the stone.

He explained why he only appeared in front of me after twenty years.

My mom, who ascended after I was born took my father with her for him to recuperate. He keeps asking forgiveness to them leaving me behind after I was just born.

I want to be mad but I am curious about why did he need to recuperate that long. He said that before I was born, demons found out that my mother is pregnant with a half god and half human child. A big fight broke out in my father's territory, he was on the bridge of death after protecting me and my mom because my mother back then can't use her powers because of me. My mother and I was safe but he's in critical condition even though a lot of priests tried to use their healing power to him. My mother gave birth to me while my father is still asleep, after that in order to save my father, my mother entrusted me to Archbishop Loyset as she promised that they will come back for me.

My father who just woke up after I went to the empire, watched me secretly while trying to protect me, well although I know I'm not going to be in danger I'm still grateful for him. When he learned about the demon emperor is planning, he approached me and introduce himself as he handed me the stone. He said that my mother gave it to him when he went down.