ARC 1.5: HEALING FROZEN HEART

"Mingze! Don't chew that, it's dirty!" Meng Liqin reprimanded the 3-year-old baby as soon as he saw him chewing his bib. He just turns his back on him to clean his hand for a minute and that's the scene he saw.

Mingze's got startled and soon his eyes started to water, "Sorry qin qin, mingze won'th do ith again, qinqin no angry oway?"

Meng Liqin's widened eyes started to calm as he took the Mingze into his arm, "Qinqin is not angry to Mingze, I'm just worried. That's dirty, a baby should not play with it"

Mingze tilted his head and curiously asked him, "Why?"

Meng Liqin, "You just ate right?"

Mingze nodded, "Um!"

Meng Liqin, "You wear that when eating right?"

Mingze furrows his forehead but he still answered, "En."

Meng Liqin smiled at him, finding his curiosity amusing, "Food from Mingze's mouth falls there, it's dirty"

Mingze pouted, he doesn't know what to play anymore.

Meng Liqin chuckled at the sight. He sat down and put Mingze on the sofa, as soon as he stands up the front door opened and Qin Yongzheng on his working clothes came into sight.

Qin Yongzheng saw him with little Mingze, his lips formed a small smile. Qin Yongzheng walks towards them, kissing Meng Liqin's forehead, he saw the little alpha looking weirdly at them.

Qin Yongzheng touched the baby's small head, after pondering for a while he lightly kissed the little alpha's cheek, making the little alpha dumbfounded and making Meng Liqin laugh when he saw the uncle and nephew's expressions. One was nervous, while the other had dumb expressions.

Interrupting the uncle and nephew's staring contest, he helps Qin Yongzheng's hand, "You came home early, go change first, I and Mingze will prepare some snacks"

Qin Yongzheng nodded and head upstairs.

When the others came back they saw three of them lying on the sofa bed, sleeping. Qin Yongzheng and Meng Liqin had little Mingze in the middle, as they held each other's hand, securing the little alpha inside.

Mrs. Qin saw the three and smiled at the sight, scared of disturbing them, she silently told the others to enter quietly.

Meanwhile, as soon as Meng Liqin opened his eyes he saw Qin Yongzheng's parents smiling at him, making him more nervous.

This is the first time he met them formally!

Kuai, why did you not tell me that they already arrived!?

[Host is sleeping so peacefully, Kuai don't want to interrupt]

Meng Liqin sighs, next time tell me immediately okay? It's embarrassing!

[Don't worry host! According to the information, Qin Yongzheng's parents are nice!]

Meng Liqin tried not to roll his eyes at Kuai.

Meng Liqin look at Qin Yongzheng's parents and smiled. Looking at the window, he saw the sun is already setting.

Kuai how long are we asleep?

[You slept for 5 hours host. Mr. and Mrs. Qin arrived 10 minutes ago with Qin Fengzhen and her husband]

Meng Liqin tried to sit up and let go of Qin Yongzheng's hand but Qin Yongzheng gripped his hand tighter. Meng Liqin looks at the Qin couple and nervously smiles at them. Knowing that Qin Yongzheng won't let go, he just sat up, facing the couple.

He doesn't know if this world hates him but when Qin Yongzheng opened his eyes, his sister and her husband arrived at the living room making the nervous Meng Liqin silently curse.

"Soooo, you too, you got together?" Qin Fengzhen pulls his husband to sit down, she looks at their intertwined and started to teased them, causing Meng Liqin's face to redden. He's not really accustomed to people teasing him about their relationship, including their original life and now.

Qin Yongzheng look at his sister and nodded. He carried the sleeping Mingze and gave him to his brother-in-law, Mo Chuanli.

Noticing the awkward atmosphere, Mrs. Qin initiates to start the conversation, "What's your plan now Ah Zheng, Qin'er?"

Hearing his name, Meng Liqin went stiff. But when he looked straight at her, her loving and warm eyes staring at them, he calms down and started to open up.

"We talked, and before everything else we thought that it's better to have Brother Zheng got treated," Meng Liqin said as he tightens his grip on Qin Yongzheng's hands.

Qin Yongzheng's family were shocked. They tried to convince him before but he always disagrees. 

Meng Liqin saw the forming tears on Qin Yongzheng's family's eyes, he excused himself to let them talk. After all, in this life, he's not the only family his lover had. They too, are worried and love him.

Looking at Meng Liqin's retreating back, Qin Yongzheng stare at his family and slowly said, "I...will get better"

Mrs. Qin tears fell when she heard her son's voice, she nodded and hugged her son, "You will, my dear, you will"

When Meng Liqin came back, he saw the mother and son hugging, while the others watch them with smiles.

Qin Fengzhen saw him carrying some snacks, she stands up to help him. She looks directly at him, with gratitude visible from her cyanish-green colored eyes, "Thank you"

Meng Liqin shook his head and replied smiling at her, "It's not just me, all of you are also the reason"

The whole family talked. From time to time, Mr. Qin will crack a joke making the whole family smile, including Qin Yongzheng.

By the time little Mingze woke up, Mrs. Qin said that she wants to talk to Meng Liqin.

"Thank you, for coming into his life," She said as she held his hand.

Just like what Meng Liqin told Qin Fengzhen she also told her that he's not the only reason, "No, I'm the one who should thank him, with him in my life makes my existence worth it"

Mrs. Qin looks at the sky and started telling stories to him, "Before I had kids, I thought that I would be the best mother in the world. But when Fengzhen was born, my husband was not with me, a friend of mine helped me raise her. Back then, my husband doesn't know that he's already a father, he's abroad reaching his dreams, but I waited, I waited for him to come back to us. Until one day, we met coincidently, we talked and forgave each other, promised each other to try again. We got married and then we had Yongzheng. At that time, I thought everything was perfect, but my little darling suffered, I lost him, because of me, me, and my hasty decision, I ruined him. So, thank you, for bringing my little darling back." 

Mrs. Qin's eyes reddened, her eyes were sad but her lips are smiling.

Meng Liqin's confused but did not ask anymore.

The two of them chatted until Qin Yongzheng came and took Meng Liqin back.

Mrs. Qin looks at the two of them. Seeing the smile on their faces, she also smiled and usher them back inside.