ARC 3.2: CHILD OF LIGHT

The people in the church were in an uproar while Auris remained engrossed with his thoughts.

A brilliant light enveloped the whole church a couple of minutes ago as the archbishop and the elders dashed towards the Frozen Lagoon. Frozen Lagoon is a sacred place. Except for Archbishop Loyset and the elders, no one is allowed to enter Frozen Lagoon without permission. Because there is a cabin built of jade amid the lagoon, and within it is a sleeping saint.

Archbishop Loyset carefully opens the door and saw the youth examining the place. His eyes started brimming with tears as he slowly walks towards the other.

"You're awake," Archbishop Loyset said as he kneels beside the bed.

The youth's golden iris stares at the people in the room. His eyes glistened with uncertainty and wonder.

"Who...who are you?" The youth asked as he clenches on the silk sheet.

Trying not to scare the youth of the new environment, the people excused themselves and waited outside.

Archbishop Loyset could sense the wariness from the youth. So, he gently spoke to him, "I'm Archbishop Loyset, and you're currently in the Temple of Soul."

"A temple? Why am I doing here?" The youth curiously asked.

Archbishop Loyset sighed and answered him, "You were asleep. Do you remember who you are?"

The youth nodded his head and flashed a smile, "I'm Auris."

Seeing the youth smiling, Archbishop Loyset tried not to tear up. He gently guided the young man down from the bed with his hand. A pair of shoes appear on his hand. He put them down on the floor and said, "Wear this first, and we'll go out, understand?"

Auris obediently nodded and wore the shoes, "How long did I fell asleep?"

Archbishop Loyset looks at the youth, "It's been thirteen years, your holiness."

Hearing how long he's been sleeping, Auris gasped, "That's so long!"

"Yes, it's been a long time, your holiness." Archbishop Loyset was glad that Auris woke up, but at the same time, he's worried about the youth. When Auris was seven, he fell asleep; while he's sleeping, his intellect continues to develop, but no experiences are acquired. He's concerned that Auris will be bullied and exploited.

When they left the room, Bishop Jarvis was there with the elders waiting for them.

Since the day the Saint fell asleep, they are the ones that were protecting him. Ever since the emergence of the Saint, the whole temple was static. They provided him the guidance he needs, but fate has a different opinion. On the Saint's seventh birthday, he fell asleep and never woke up. On the same day, the Oracle gave a revelation that shocked the world, and followers began to forget about the Saint's existence, except for the temple. Regardless of what others may believe, the Saint remains the most significant person in their lives.

"Welcome back, Your Holiness!"

Upon seeing them, Auris smiled. There's a relaxing sensation from the warm, brilliant light that surrounds him.

"Greetings, elders. It's been a while." Auris greeted as he slightly bowed.

Bishop Jarvis and the elders gave a surprised gasp.

Bishop Jarvis shows a worried smile as he walks near them, "You shouldn't bow carelessly like that, Your Holiness. Please remember your status."

Auris chuckled and shook his head, "I don't need to worry about that in front of you. After all, you are my teachers."