ARC 1.6: HEALING FROZEN HEART

Meng Liqin looks dumbfoundedly at the system screen. After the talk a few days ago, he got fired from his job, not literally but Qin Fengzhen said that he's already part of their family so it's not appropriate for him to work for them. He still plays with little Mingze from time to time while he also accompanying Qin Yongzheng during his therapy.

Meng Liqin doesn't have anything to do today, he's practically jobless, so when Qin Yongzheng offered him to come to his office he immediately agreed. While Qin Yongzheng's attending some meetings, he's in his office lying around. When he got bored he closes his eyes and opened the system space. 

Taking another look at the transparent screen in front of him to make sure he saw it right, he decided to ask the system when he saw that it wouldn't change.

Kuai, why is the female lead getting married? The family gathering scene didn't even happen!

[Because of master's arrival, the plot change causing a major butterfly effect]

So you're saying that it's my fault?

[Well, not really, but you're one of the main reason]

Meng Liqin had an idea of what's the real reason. He knew Kuai just don't want to get anxious. This is his first world, mistakes should not happen, but some variables could happen at any time.

Kuai, check if Brother Zheng's meeting is done.

[It's almost done, master]

Sitting up from his sleeping position, Meng Liqin roams around the office while waiting for Qin Yongzheng to come. His (QYZ) office is decorated with midnight blue and pearl white accents. Some paintings are hanging on the wall, the trophies he got from various awards, there are also several magazines that he's on the front cover. There's also the matte black-colored sofa where he lied down earlier. Qin Yongzheng's table is made with the walnut tree, maybe because he thought that its original appearance is good enough, he retained the color of the wood.

The sound of the solid door opening made Meng Liqin pull out from his thinking. He saw his lover holding stacks of paper in one hand while his other hand brushes his hair. His two assistants are following behind him. Meng Liqin walks towards the three, seeing that they looked tired after the meeting he offered them drinks, which the two assistants immediately declined when they saw their boss looking deeply at them, they don't want to get fired over some drinks okay? 

Meng Liqin saw what his lover did, he just laughs it off and said goodbye to the rushing two assistants. His lover won't even bite them, so why leave immediately.

"Do you want coffee?" Meng Liqin asks his lover.

Qin Yongzheng looks at him and sigh, "You...you're not my employee nor someone insignificant to me, don't serve me like that"

Meng Liqin just laugh at him, "Hey don't talk like that, I ask because I want to, and serving you is not that bad you know"

Qin Yongzheng did not rebuke him, he just looks at him and stroke his soft silky hair.

No one talk for a while, they just sat there enjoying their time alone.

Qin Yongzheng, "Qin'er..."

Meng Liqin, "Yes, my love?"

Qin Yongzheng licks his lower lip and asks him nervously, "Do you wanna go to a theme park?"

Meng Liqin's blue eyes sparkled when he heard the words 'theme park', during the first life he had never gone to one! But before agreeing, he made sure if Qin Yongzheng's really okay going to such places.

Holding each other's hand, the two of them went down. The looks that the employees did not bother them anymore, they have been like this when they since they became official.

Arriving at the theme park, Meng Liqin pulled Qin Yongzheng to a booth. He wants to wear the headband thing that's everyone's posting on their social media post! 

Meng Liqin excitedly choosing the headbands, Qin Yongzheng is just watching him have fun. Although it's also his first time going to a theme park, he will just follow the flow and have fun, after all, he wants this day to become special for both of them.

Meng Liqin chooses a rabbit headband for himself and chooses a cheetah headband for Qin Yongzheng. At first, he's not sure if his lover would wear it but his concerns did not happen, Qin Yongzheng wears the headband and took his hand.

The two of them left the booth. With Qin Yongzheng's formal suit and Meng Liqin's casual clothes, being contradictory of each other's outfit, with them together they stick out like a sore thumb.

For the remaining hours of the day, the two of them enjoyed the rides on the theme park, they even repeat some of them. 

Feeling thirsty, Meng Liqin asks the Qin Yongzheng if they can stop for a minute and buy drinks. 

Qin Yongzheng pat his head and replied to him, "I'll but it, wait here, okay?"

Meng Liqin nods his head like a pecking chicken, "I'll wait for you, come back faster okay?"

Qin Yongzheng nodded and kiss the top of his hair.

Seeing the others departing back, Meng Liqin sat on the nearest bench and rest.

"Hey," Meng Liqin looks back at the person who taps his shoulder.

____

Meanwhile, Sun Chunhua is panicking inside her apartment. She didn't about this plot at all! She never thought that there's a big hidden secret happening behind her back! She just found out about it when her system immediately informed her! 

When she heard them leaving, she immediately left and called Qin Yongzheng.

Qin Yongzheng was livid. Meng Liqin's missing. The person who supposed to be sitting on the bench vanished!

The memories he sealed 18 years ago came back and keep on repeating. And right now it's not him who's in that horrible situation but his mate.

Qin Yongzheng quickly finds his team. He needs to find Meng Liqin as soon as possible. He didn't even have a single clue where they took him, but he knew when he found them, they will be buried 6 feet under the ground.

Qin Yongzheng's hand is shaking as he ordered his subordinates, "Find him immediately!"

Qin Yongzheng's frozen expression before turned more cold, his face is pale, but his eyes had burning anger in them.

He's worried, what if he never finds him? What if they came too late? He doesn't know what to do! He's angry at them, no, he's mad at himself, he should not leave Meng Liqin there alone. These past few years, he never and any accident, there's no problem showing up, his family is also safe, but damn! He became too much complacent, he did not expect that after all these years, that bastard will make a move again.

Qin Yongzheng grips the steering wheel tightly, he needs to find them quickly before everything too late. 

Please be safe, Qin'er.