ARC 3.3: CHILD OF LIGHT

After looking at the troubled people, Auris smiled and uttered, "I'll go."

Archbishop Loyset signals the other to leave. He seriously looked at Auris and said, "Your Holiness, you didn't have to. We can choose not to nominate anyone. Especially, you just woke up. I'm afraid that your body won't handle it. The people outside are different from the members of the church."

Auris chuckles at him as he looks at the nearest window, "I know. But the world is big. I want to enjoy and experience everything. After all, we don't know when I would fall asleep again."

"Are you sure? It's marriage, after all." Archbishop Loyset said.

"I am," Auris answered with a smile.

Seeing the youth smiling, Archbishop Loyset tries to expel his worries and smile at him, "Let's talk with the elders, then."

"Very well," Auris replied.

Looking at the youth, Archbishop Loyset can't help but melt. The young man in front of him was like a mirage. A few hours ago, that beautiful golden eyes are still close, but now, it's like they came back from the past where the youth is running within the church with his chubby little legs, "For now, eat first. It's been a long time since you ate properly."

Auris nodded as he follows him towards the pantry, "All right."

After dining, Archbishop Loyset led Auris to an assembling hall where the elders were waiting.

On the long table, there are two vacant seats in the middle. Archbishop Loyset and Auris seated beside each other as the elders worriedly look at Auris.

"Are you sure, Your Holiness?" Bishop Jarvis asked. He knew that the palace is not as simple as everyone think, but the saint personally wants to go, so all they could do is to ensure that nothing will happen to him.

"I'm sure! Don't worry!" Auris eagerly answered. Although it has not been a long time since he saw his lover, he's excited to meet him. But his lover's identity right now is the crown prince who will become a demon after the candidacy. He needs to find the cure immediately.

"Since you want to go, let's start our preparation. You can't enter the palace without prior knowledge. Your body, in particular, is not used to traveling. You still need to recuperate." Bishop Jarvis stated.

"Understood. When do I need to go?" Auris asked.

Archbishop Loyset thinks for a minute, trying to remember when the palace gates will open, "It's in three months."

Auris nodded. Three months is enough to enhance this body in the best condition. If he continues to train, the original Saint Auris' magic power may improve as well. His health will also gradually improve thanks to the system setting and the recuperation time. He could also develop the innate skill of the original. Furthermore, the seven arts are unfamiliar to him. Having a proper preparation time is the best opportunity for him.

"When do I start my training then?" Auris asked.

"Tomorrow." Bishop Jarvis said.

____

Throughout the three months, Auris focused only on improving his physique and abilities. Auris, like the elders, did not believe the palace was simple. There will be hidden dangers residing there. The candidates are also trained for this day, especially Lillian. They have treated Lillian like a princess since the day she was born, and many people expected that she would be selected. In the original story, Saint Auris is not supposed to awake during the candidacy. Therefore he isn't even a candidate to be selected during the candidacy.