Chapter 8- Pity Party

Start from the beginning

"I do trust you Ana it's just... Not important enough. I was just stranded is all." Y\N gave a fake smile.

"If you insist." Anastasia gave a smiled back. "Shall I give you a tour now?"

~

After the tour the two stood together in the kitchen preparing a traditional dinner, Y\N was yet to try  Belarusian cuisine and cooking was a wonderful way to get ones mind off of things.

"Vereshchaka was widely known in the 19th century because it's name coincided with the family name of Marla Wereszakowna, Adam Mickiewic's biggest love!"* Anastasia stood over a pot of boiling water mixed with beer and spices, sausages bobbing.

Y\N nodded with a more genuine grin on her face as she worked on sauteing the vegetables and frying bacon. The two made small talk, such as how Anastasia will make herself something separate since she's a vegetarian and how she's been sending recipes to Allen in hopes he's eating properly. Y\N thought it was sweet how she takes care of others without asking for anything in return. The conversation came to a halt as there was a knock on the door.

"I will get it, do you think you can keep things from burning?" Anastasia asked with a teasing smile.

"I am not sure, you may want to hurry just in case." Y\N joked back at her.

Anastasia gave a nod before exiting the kitchen, closing the door behind her. It was nice that the two can tease and prod each other in a friendly manner without getting offended or taking it too far.

"Y\N!" Anastasia called, running back into the kitchen.

Turning to see what has gotten her so excited Y\N was greeted not only by the mischievous grin that was painted on the girls face but by her older brother, Viktor, who walked in behind her.

(Everything from here on in italics will be Russian :))

"Hello." Y\N stared up at him. He seemed taller in comparison of the room and those that occupied the space already.

Viktor gave a short nod and looked at his sister. "Why did you call me here?" Viktor spoke in a low grumble.

Y\N noticed dark marks under his eyes signifying that he hasn't been sleeping well. For an odd reason that filled her with sadness. Turning away Y\N continued to cook.

"I want you to help Y\N!" Anastasia beamed brightly. It wasn't a question or a request, it was a demand that caused Viktor's eyebrows to rise.

"No, that isn't needed." Y\ N informed.

The nerve of Anastasia going behind her back to call Viktor down here for such an unimportant reason. Y\N was beginning to feel upset and embarrassed.

"But Y\NNN" She dragged out the name. "Something caused you to feel ill and caused you to be stranded in France. I do not mean to push you but it is extremely unhealthy for you to keep it all to yourself!"

"And how exactly do you think Viktor can help me?" Y\N snapped, glaring at her.

Anastasia looked to her brother who just stood silently watching but gave a slight nod in agreement to Y\N. How was he suppose to help with emotional trauma when he can't handle his own?