Chapter 1.62:

I spent the next hour and a half wasting time at the bar, getting reacquainted with the three wisest men known to mankind- Johnnie, Jim, and Jack. Levi was a master at making the three of them get along. In his effort to impress, he chose a special blend of Jack that left a honey aftertaste that lingered on my tongue. The mix of the burning sweetness made the three of them go down so much smoother.

It was by far the best drink on the menu tonight.

My fear burdened head had been terrorizing me since I sat down on the wobbly stool. I kept turning back towards the door to watch the entrance to make sure Riley didn't sneak in without me knowing. Once she got here, she would have every guy in the bar's attention the second she walked through the door.  I needed to let them know right away that she was off-limits. With the show going on, I wouldn't have the ability to chase her around tonight to fight anyone who tried to make a pass at her. She would be on her own and I that idea made me physically ill.

I wondered if the anyone would notice if I brought her on stage with me. She was small and wouldn't take up much space. I could hide her behind one of the amps. JD would be thanking me for doing it since she wouldn't be out in the middle of the crowd, surrounded by horny men. No one could ogle her perfectly curvy body if they couldn't see her.

A few random people trickled in from the small hallway, but none of them were the sexy little blond I had been losing my mind over. I let out a long string of curses and turned to the bar to wave Levi down for a refill. He walked over immediately and grabbed a clean, full-sized glass from behind the counter. Levi was well aware of my expert drinking skill level and knew a regular shot wouldn't be enough for me.

"You a little anxious tonight? You seem more wound up than normal." Levi commented as he poured the liquor bottles into the glass using both hands.

"You could say that." I drummed on the bar in anticipation as I watched him fill the glass up. My mouth felt extremely dry and I was in desperate need to quench my thirst.

Levi placed the two bottles back down behind the bar and grabbed the third one to top off the drink. As soon as the liquid began flowing, the smell of honey rose up to tempt me. Levi slid the glass in front of me after the third wheel was added into the mix and nodded at it with a smile.

"Thanks." I waved him off and picked up the glass. I downed the drink so quickly that I didn't even taste it.

I swiveled my body back around to watch the entrance again with a frown on my face. More people were walking in, but none of them were who I was looking for.

Where the hell was Riley? It was getting late and she should have been here by now. I was so fucking irritated with her.

My phone was still silent in my pocket. I pulled it out to make sure it was turned on and the ringer was turned up so I had a chance to hear it over the bar noise. I glared at the screen when no notifications popped up. I even opened my messages to see if I accidentally shot down a text saying she was running late.

There was nothing.

What was she doing that was more important than being here with me? Was she with some other guy right now?

I hated the silence. It was making me even more paranoid than I was naturally.

I glanced at the clock before pushing my phone back into my pocket. The band was scheduled to play in a little over an hour and a half. I needed Riley to hurry up and get here so I could start thinking straight and focus on playing. The only way that would happen was if I could blow off a little steam with her before the show. We could sneak off to my car or the bathroom for a dirty little rendezvous. It really didn't matter where we went as long as it happened soon.