Chapter 1.29:

I was breathing too hard and fast as I held Riley up in front of me.  Her whole body was quivering so much that she would have immediately fallen to the ground if I let her go. I wasn't doing much better. If it weren't for the wall, I would be right down there with her.

What the hell just happened?

Riley snuggled in closer to me and I felt the waves of heat and need starting to build down in my stomach again. I had never felt this kind of unbridled desire to be with someone before. I wanted to kiss her lips the rest of the night and tell her how incredible she was.

Riley had a power over me, unlike any other girl I had ever been with.

I lowered my lips to the spot behind her ear and pressed them against it. That spot was my new favorite obsession because of what it did to her.  Her body shivered in response as I lightly trailed little nips up and down her neck.  Her slight, citrusy scent had me dazed all over again.

My hands roamed on their own over the bare skin on her stomach. I played with the little ties on her side, wanting to unwrap her. She would look so sexy in that little skirt with no panties on underneath. If only I could just get her alone and tug them loose.

As the concert continued on around us, I was lost in her. The shitty band didn't even bother me because I had something more intoxicating keeping my interest.

I heard some guys laughing over to the music next to us. They were gesturing towards Riley. They were making it pretty obvious they had enjoyed what they saw.

My skin began itching and the air around us felt off. When I looked up to figure out what was going on, I noticed all the guys around us doing the same thing. They were glancing back at her like they were expecting me to pass her around so they could have a turn. My expression hardened as I met every set of hungry eyes who stared greedily at the girl in my arms.

The worst part was, it was my fault they were looking at her like she was some cheap disposable toy. I did this to her.

I fucked up when I lost the fight with myself over her.

Everything about the two of us together was wrong. Even if Riley was the kind of girl who understood this was just a random unattached hook-up, I was starting to get confused myself. I was already working through a plan in my head to sneak her into my bed to spend the rest of the night with her.

I was falling deeper for this girl and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

I had to purposefully start distancing myself from her before I made an even bigger mess out of everything. It was the right thing to do before things got strange in the house. It was the only good thing I had going for me right now.

My life was already a clusterfuck of bad decisions. 

I couldn't let her be one of them. 

The lights came up all around us, to my surprise. I hadn't even realized the music stopped playing. It ended way too soon. I was still arguing with my head as my arms stayed locked around Riley in protest. They didn't want me to let her go. If I did, it meant this was finished between us.

I would never be able to have her again.

Riley shifted up off me and lowered the back of her skirt down. As much as it pained me to watch her pull away, I knew I needed to pull myself back to reality and so did she. 

I laid my head back against the wall as I zipped my pants back up. It was a sticky, uncomfortable mess down there. My hand brushed across a damp spot on the front of my jeans. When I looked down, I saw a small, darker circle visible on the outside of my jeans.